Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-02-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "X" is a good platform for a person that likes to make the Jeep his own. Why spend money on stuff that you are going to replace (i.e wheels, tires, suspension, bumpers, axles, etc.).
Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
The "X" is a good platform for a person that likes to make the Jeep his own. Why spend money on stuff that you are going to replace (i.e wheels, tires, suspension, bumpers, axles, etc.).
couldnt agree more.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
My neighbor had his ProComp lift put on his truck at 4 wheel parts in Nashville. They did a great job. Only issue was distance to drive and had to go back up for the followup so they could recheck all part to make sure they were still tight and vehicle was still aligned. Something they like to do after so many miles after an install. Cant speak on how they do on Jeeps.
Rocket City is knowledgable but they are really into rock custom crawling stuff and their opinions on how we should mod our Jeeps are little different than theirs due to the applications they use most of their rigs for.
My neighbor also had Rocket City price out a regear and locker ofr his TJ, Rocket City was cheapest.
I personally have never used them, then again I dont have a lift. yet.......
Danny @ Rocket City has always done a great job for me...and usually hooks me up with great prices. He never agrees with what i want to do to my jeep and Laughs at me a lot when i tell him my ideas but in the end he'll do what you want and do a good job.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Junkie

JK-Rubi,
I'm waiting on the Rugged Ridge front skid plate, Uniden 510XL40 cb radio, rear cb antenna mount, Firestik cb antenna, and IPF lights from Quadratec. Maybe we can test fit the skid plate on your Rubi before I install it on my "Ex-X". I'll PM the next time I work on my Jeep.
Thanks, sounds good.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
dealer? You cant be talking about our local stealer are you? must be the one that you and Rubi ave used.
Damn guys..let me know before you order anything from the dealership..i still have some solid connections there.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
Damn guys..let me know before you order anything from the dealership..i still have some solid connections there.
Can you beat 25% off?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

I was the used car manager there up until January... I'm sure the percentage depends on the dollar amount and quantity of the order...but yeah 25% should be no big deal.
I'll be happy to make a phone call if anybody needs anything.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
I was the used car manager there up until January... I'm sure the percentage depends on the dollar amount and quantity of the order...but yeah 25% should be no big deal.
I'll be happy to make a phone call if anybody needs anything.
Great!!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

I know. Just giving you a hard time. I'm always having to explain why I went with a sahara instead of an x or paying a little more and getting a rubicon.

Last edited by Denny2565; 03-02-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: edited because I can't see what I'm typing on the iphone
Old 03-02-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Default The Jeep Wave

Denny and I have noticed that sometimes other Jeep folks wave, but often they do not. The Jeep Wave is the subject of many threads and posts here on this, as well as other, Jeep dedicated forums. However, I still have tears in my eyes from reading the below post.

Originally Posted by jeep4him
I've already shared this with my Sunshine State buddies, but it looks like you guys need it too.

Personally, I weave at everyone. I see another JK coming at me in the other lane, I weave at it. I see a TJ, I weave at it. Occasionally, I am scared to weave at a YJ or CJ, but usually I'm in such a good mood that I don't care, so I weave at them too.

I admit, when I first heard that it was a tradition for jeepers to weave at each other, I thought it was kind of nuts. I was a new wheeler and weaving at all was kind of a challenge. But I wanted to be a good jeeper, so I did it. Sure, I rolled the jeep a few times at first, but I got the hang of it. Then, after doing it successfully a few times and seeing the looks on the other jeepers faces -- well you can tell they are impressed and it really is a blast!

At first, they sometimes look like they aren't going to weave too, but don't go thinking they're being unfriendly. I've learned that what they are really doing is seeing how good you are at this weaving thing. If they don't weave, you show them you know what you're doing and keep weaving right at them. If you do it right, they will always weave too, sometimes right at the last second.

After I found out how much fun it was, I couldn't resist spreading the practice to cars, trucks, bicycles and even pedestrians. People love it! They beep their horns, they yell, they give you all kinds of waves. Sometimes they even turn around and follow you for awhile, which is when you show 'em what you've got and lose 'em. Then turn off on a side street and wait for 'em. When they catch up, pull out and weave at 'em again. They'll beep and wave with just as much excitement as they did the first time!

Obviously, it's a matter of personal preference. But I highly recommend weaving at least at other Jeeps, if not at everyone you see. I promise if you do this you'll meet new people and be the talk of your neighborhood in no time.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat