Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 10-17-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its official we will be going to be coming down Fri. We'll probably be there around dinner on Fri. I'm trying to convince the wife to stay til sun afternoon but it's a slow process. How does the camping work. We won't need a tent since we'll be in the back of the Jeep. Do I need to PM anyone and let them know how many days we're going to be there? I've never been there so any info would be excellent
Old 10-17-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Default Camping

Glad to here that you are coming, and that the wife is going to join.

I believe that if you are staying in your jeep there should be no problem. The last time we went, the campground charged per tent that was set up.

Make sure that you bring plenty of snacks and drinks, and lunch items for the trail, last time we were out we did not make it back to camp for lunch, so we ate on the trail.

Corey(08{GA}RUBICON) or myself will post more details later on meeting places, cb channels, and the final list of those who are coming. Please post if you are coming so that we know to be looking for you and make sure htat we have the entire gang.

See everybody there
Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

I will be heading up there EARLY Saturday to start the day off with everyone else. I still haven't decided if I'm camping that night and riding again Sunday. I don't have a tent or anything but I was thinking about doing the same thing as abock33 but we'll see. Also it looks like it'll just be me this time. I think it's time to get a new girlfriend if I can't get her to tag along on these trips. She doesn't like how it smells and it's dirty.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to get there friday but it would be late. So how late will they let you set up a tent? I'm thinking that I would arrive between 10-11 friday or if i come up saturday I will arrive at 11am.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BMccool
I would like to get there friday but it would be late. So how late will they let you set up a tent? I'm thinking that I would arrive between 10-11 friday or if i come up saturday I will arrive at 11am.
meee toooo... I will call and get back to ya shortly! I am planning to head up friday after work and ride sat... maybe camp sat. night too. we'll see.

EDIT TO ADD: They are open "365 days a year and 24 hours a day"

Last edited by 07JKX; 10-19-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BMccool

They encourage an "all quiet" time around 11 PM if I remember correctly. When I was there, it wasn't noisy at all, but the campground area did seem to go "lights out" around 10 PM. You should be okay as long as you don't cause too great a ruckus.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

They encourage an "all quiet" time around 11 PM if I remember correctly. When I was there, it wasn't noisy at all, but the campground area did seem to go "lights out" around 10 PM. You should be okay as long as you don't cause too great a ruckus.
oh no... i am strappin up the empty beer cans to a chain on my rear bumper and doin donuts and drift competitions from the entrance all the way to the camp site.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
oh no... i am strappin up the empty beer cans to a chain on my rear bumper and doin donuts and drift competitions from the entrance all the way to the camp site.
Nice
Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07JKX
jeeps drift???
Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only if the alingment is off.

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25