Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMccool
I don't see any other stock jeeps other than me. I don't want to be the one holding the group back from the more extreme trails.

About the trip, if I come on friday I won't be able to get there until 11 pm local time which is probably not a good idea. So, I will plan on coming up saturday and can get there by noon or shortly before then.

My rig is not stock but I consider my knowledge to be "stock".....So don't worry about holding everyone back. The group can split up so don't worry about it.

I too and another GA memeber won't be able to make the whole trip so we will be up there for Saturday as well. We just need to find out where the rest of the group will be at that time.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abock33
I consider myself stock. Only have a 2.5 bb with stock street tires.
The tires are one of the reasons i went with a rubicon. I knew if I got an X (and the same goes for my rubicon) I would feel bad spending money on tires when I have a new Jeep to pay off! That is why my rubicon is stock right now. Anyways, street tires can make the mud really fun until you get stuck.

I'm new to jeeps but not off road. I had a 96 4x4 nissan, regular cab, 5 speed, manual lock hubs that was great in mud with decent tires. I did get stuck plenty of times though. With my jeep i prefer the challenge of rocks. So I think my little bit of off road knowledge might help make up for my stock Jeep (and the rubicon tech helps too). I call my locker switch my "get out of stuck" button.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BMccool
The tires are one of the reasons i went with a rubicon. I knew if I got an X (and the same goes for my rubicon) I would feel bad spending money on tires when I have a new Jeep to pay off! That is why my rubicon is stock right now. Anyways, street tires can make the mud really fun until you get stuck.

I'm new to jeeps but not off road. I had a 96 4x4 nissan, regular cab, 5 speed, manual lock hubs that was great in mud with decent tires. I did get stuck plenty of times though. With my jeep i prefer the challenge of rocks. So I think my little bit of off road knowledge might help make up for my stock Jeep (and the rubicon tech helps too). I call my locker switch my "get out of stuck" button.
Well on the GA novice run, we had stockers and they got stuck....well it was no problem cuz we had plenty of rigs with winches to help.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, it looks like several for this ride have a winch if needed. I'm looking forward to this. It's going to be fun.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dstack701
Well on the GA novice run, we had stockers and they got stuck....well it was no problem cuz we had plenty of rigs with winches to help.
Hey, I resemble that remark! That place I got hung up was more a function of my shorter wheel base I think. But who knows I'm still a rookie so I probably don't know what I'm talking about!

Winches are a great invention, if only they were not so expensive!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll update meeting times each day and communication (CB) as we get closer to the ride date.

If your stock or close to it, no worrys. We can split the ride up in many different ways to help everyone enjoy the ride!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

i've got some warrenty work comming up. if they actually warrenty it i'll be able to go, if i have to buy parts and do it myself i won't be able to go. cross your fingers for a good dealership!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
I'll update meeting times each day and communication (CB) as we get closer to the ride date.

If your stock or close to it, no worrys. We can split the ride up in many different ways to help everyone enjoy the ride!

Last ride i had out there.. We had a couple street tire equipped rigs and there are so many trails around the moderate and hard trails. Some of us would take the harder route and the stock rigs could usually make it to the gravel road and meet us at the next junction.

Only issue will be if we got a ton of rain over the next few days. We've had ALOT of rain lately. So, lets hope that it tapers off for next weekend. I'm gettin real excited. We just all need to keep in mind that that Fall jamboree will be going on. It's gonna be crowded. So, I hope no one comes up wanted to rip around everywhere. There will most likely be lines and some short waits at some of the more difficult spots of all type of trails.. Just My experience with the few trips I've made up there. Still more fun then you can imagine!!!

-Chad-
Old 10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubious
i've got some warrenty work comming up. If they actually warrenty it i'll be able to go, if i have to buy parts and do it myself i won't be able to go. Cross your fingers for a good dealership!
what kind of warranty work?what have you broken
Old 10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ckivy
what kind of warranty work?what have you broken
passenger front wheel bearing and i avoid mud holes and my right rear valve stem i can't put air in, or take it out

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25