Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 10-10-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ckivy
Anybody else interested?
Well I'm not going to be able to make the whole trip but I'm gonna try and make it up there for Saturday.

What time do you guys think you'll start out on Sat?...and where?
Old 10-10-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm set for friday and sunday. Just gotta get my saturday covered. Hopefully some of the football sick bastards at work will help me out since it's my birthday weekend.

-Chad-
Old 10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Add Me to the list of Thinking about it. If the Wife's morning sickness goes away then We should be there. Anyone know of a cheep hotel down there that's close. She's telling me no camping but I'm trying to change her mind. Also how do you think the Minivan tires will do? Haven't got the cash for Actual tires?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Default Hotels

Originally Posted by abock33
Add Me to the list of Thinking about it. If the Wife's morning sickness goes away then We should be there. Anyone know of a cheep hotel down there that's close. She's telling me no camping but I'm trying to change her mind. Also how do you think the Minivan tires will do? Haven't got the cash for Actual tires?
There is hotel information here provided during the organization of a previous ride ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/coal-creek-windrock-12-26-12-27-a-60850/#post818299
Old 10-10-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

After reviewing the rates with the wife. We've decided on camping if we go. I figured 16 bucks a night would get it instead of $100. I'm still not positive. I'll let you know closer to that fri. Do you think we'll be abel to show up ant get a campsite or will we have to call. I've never been there. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by abock33
After reviewing the rates with the wife. We've decided on camping if we go. I figured 16 bucks a night would get it instead of $100. I'm still not positive. I'll let you know closer to that fri. Do you think we'll be abel to show up ant get a campsite or will we have to call. I've never been there. Thanks.
There were plenty of sites available on my last trip, but this time there is some sort of Jamboree Event occurring on the same weekend we plan to be there. Guess I'm really saying, I don't have a clue.

Chris/Corey - did you reserve spots this last trip, and if so, did you have to pay up front or provide a credit card number?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Default Rerservations

I have called and reserved 1 rv site and 2 primitive sites already for this ride. I did not know how many people would be camping.As it gets closer, lets get a final head count and I will call them back and reserve more if needed.

(Does not take a credit card or anything, and the women I talked to said they had plenty of room for tent campers) I believe that it might be busier than last time just because of the Jamboree event.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ckivy
I have called and reserved 1 rv site and 2 primitive sites already for this ride. I did not know how many people would be camping.As it gets closer, lets get a final head count and I will call them back and reserve more if needed.

(Does not take a credit card or anything, and the women I talked to said they had plenty of room for tent campers) I believe that it might be busier than last time just because of the Jamboree event.
Thanks for the info Chris. I'm planning to camp for the record.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-13-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't see any stock jeeps other than me. I don't want to be the one holding the group back from the more extreme trails.

About the trip, if I come on friday I won't be able to get there until 11 pm local time which is probably not a good idea. So, I will plan on coming up saturday and can get there by noon or shortly before then.

Last edited by BMccool; 10-12-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMccool
I don't see any other stock jeeps other than me. I don't want to be the one holding the group back from the more extreme trails.

About the trip, if I come on friday I won't be able to get there until 11 pm local time which is probably not a good idea. So, I will plan on coming up saturday and can get there by noon or shortly before then.
I consider myself stock. Only have a 2.5 bb with stock street tires.

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25