Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JK-Rubi;1411729]Thanks Dennis. Looks sort of ho-hum in this shot, but I guess all you guys were hanging on for a reason. I do remember sliding down that ledge a tad, but it didn't "feel" risky, or like I was on the edge of losing control. QUOTE]

Yea, pics can definitely be deceiving. This shot wouldn't lead you to believe that only Saharas can make it up this little ol' hill:

Does look like you guys had a blast, though!

Anthony
Old 11-03-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm working on finding something that youtube will not mute.

Last edited by BMccool; 11-03-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ckivy
The shot of the sign was the last picture that me camera afforded me to take that day, about 2 minutes before your tire left the ground.

I do apologize for not being able to get the shot, lets hope that someone else chiimes in with that shot. But i do have a picture of

"The blind leading the blind"

If you ask me you clowns just need to grow a set! I mean some of you saw what I did at Tellico....so why follow me?
No lockers and very low...ALL terrain tires...come on! You people need to get Hummers...

Old 11-03-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wasn't there a thread on here about how to get the music to play if its a home video. If I remember there's something you have to sign or click in youtube's website.
Originally Posted by BMccool
I'm working on finding some music that youtube will not mute. I did post it to mobile me though. here is the link: http://gallery.me.com/blake.mccool#100102
Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abock33
Wasn't there a thread on here about how to get the music to play if its a home video. If I remember there's something you have to sign or click in youtube's website.
I think it depends on the music label. Some allow it and others don't. WMG or Sony are the ones giving me trouble.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

King of the mountain, I am jealous that you got to take your JK to tellico.

And I do believe that you said " I think the stockers are going to have some trouble with this one", shortly before the mirror said crunch.

On another note, My brother is coming back from Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and I would like to take a day trip to Mountainside, I won't know a exact date until he arrives in Kuwait, but it looks like it would be either the 14th or 15th or the following 22nd. Would anybody be interested?

I will post another thread as soon as I have a specific date.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside ORV Park

On another note, My brother is coming back from Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and I would like to take a day trip to Mountainside, I won't know a exact date until he arrives in Kuwait, but it looks like it would be either the 14th or 15th or the following 22nd. Would anybody be interested?
Consider watching the Huntsville thread Chris - we're getting ready to make a trip down there within the next several weeks I believe. At least several folks are thinking about it, which keeps them safely uncommitted.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TINMAN_2469
I know where that sign is. So it looks like some of you went up to check out the trail. I walked it to the top and wanted to check it out with the JK. What did you all find out after looking and riding it? I would love to hear about it.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

I will post another thread as soon as I have a specific date.
Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Consider watching the Huntsville thread Chris - we're getting ready to make a trip down there within the next several weeks I believe. At least several folks are thinking about it, which keeps them safely uncommitted.
I'll keep watching to see an exact date, but I'm in if my schedule permits. It's coming close to the end of my final semester and all the papers are due soon. If I'm not able to make this one I'm game for a Dec run and ANYTHING there after.

Originally Posted by dburgette
I know where that sign is. So it looks like some of you went up to check out the trail. I walked it to the top and wanted to check it out with the JK. What did you all find out after looking and riding it? I would love to hear about it.
Mike found a broken mirror and a bent control arm bracket.

Last edited by Dstack701; 11-03-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

HA Nope all good on the control arm..Phew.

The 22nd works for me. The other dates I will be in Chicago.

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25