Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This place rocks!! Think I'll ry and make this ride. If you stay at Wind Rock pay by the day, because they won't give you a refund if you have to leave for some reason.

Has anyone been up American Knob lately? Gnarly!! Trail 22 right out of the parking lot is a very fun way to start of the day. Hope to see ya'll thar.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Interested

Sounds very interesting, will have to see about logistics. Nice time of year, I'm sure the leaves will great.

Is the weekend of Oct 22nd locked in? Would we have to register for the Jamboree in addition to the trail use or just pay for trail use alone?

We have family in Murfreesboro - so we might be able to swing a multi-purpose trip here... the gears are spinning.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama JKX
This place rocks!! Think I'll ry and make this ride. If you stay at Wind Rock pay by the day, because they won't give you a refund if you have to leave for some reason.

Has anyone been up American Knob lately? Gnarly!! Trail 22 right out of the parking lot is a very fun way to start of the day. Hope to see ya'll thar.

hahah.. Totally agree about 22.. First day and first trail I'd ever been on. It rained for 10 days prior to that day. That first monster hill climb took up 3 hours of our day. I managed my way up first try, but had the locker on in the rear. Some of the other weren't so lucky. We had one JK with stock 31" street tires, atleast not the little cookie cutters, who took nearly 11 or 12 tries.. Let me see if I can find some of those videos! lol

-Chad-
Old 09-24-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am interested in this ride but I would not want to be the only stock Jeep out there slowing everyone else down.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

i should hopefully be able to make this one... and i have no problem hanging with and helping the stockers if we need to split into groups
Old 09-24-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
i should hopefully be able to make this one... and i have no problem hanging with and helping the stockers if we need to split into groups
Still lookin to try out that winch are ya?

I could probably accomodate you on that if I can make the trip!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

I'll see if I can make this one....It sounds like a great place.

If I'm able to make this one....what should I add to my rig to be more ready...I'm gonna get some quick discos, but any other suggestions for the Oct credit card bill???
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AU94
Still lookin to try out that winch are ya?

I could probably accomodate you on that if I can make the trip!
lol... yeah, my winch is bad luck. When the Ramsey gets called out... something bad happened to or is about to happen to someone's rig.

but we have done some not so bad pulls to...

Last edited by 07JKX; 09-24-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like we may have a great group making this ride! As we get closer to the date and know how many will be coming we will break down the experience level and how many groups we will need.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dstack701
I'll see if I can make this one....It sounds like a great place.

If I'm able to make this one....what should I add to my rig to be more ready...I'm gonna get some quick discos, but any other suggestions for the Oct credit card bill???
Tow points front and rear and a cb radio would be a great start.

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25