Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abock33
I'll have my SWR meter as well. What's a good fire extinguisher to get I was looking at the ones at Lowes and Home Depot. What size do you guys typically run. I saw a 2.5lb automotive and a 4lb household both BC extinguishers.
I just picked up a "Kidde" brand Boat/Auto type one from Lowe's for $18. I figured it will do just fine, hopefully I won't need to use it. I also picked up a grease gun from Lowe's....and boy was that a piece of SHEET. On the second fitting the grease resevoir popped off and grease went everywhere. I was less than pleased cuz there went all my grease on to the driveway.

And after playing around with the EVAP can, I've decided I'm not going to mess with it now as the line going to the gas tank was going to be quite kinked. I didn't think that would be a good idea so I just put it back. So let's hope a rock doesn't get mad at me and rip it off.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dstack701
And after playing around with the EVAP can, I've decided I'm not going to mess with it now as the line going to the gas tank was going to be quite kinked. I didn't think that would be a good idea so I just put it back. So let's hope a rock doesn't get mad at me and rip it off.
That's what this guy was hoping on a trip to Tellico. You can see the little rock under the cannister that got mad at him (he was small, but feisty).
Old 10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

And that's why I made my skid plate for it.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bring the truck...
2wheel drive
Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abock33
I'll have my SWR meter as well.
I am installing my cb this week but will need help tuning. Would anyone be willing to let me borrow their SWR to tune before taking off saturday morning? radio shack wants $45 for their SWR and that seems a little greedy to me.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

Default First Time Visitors

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON

Meeting Location
Snack Shack - Trail Head

Each morining we will meet between 8:30am - 9:00am at the snack shack staging area. You can purchase the permits, maps, food etc at the shack. This is also a place to air down and remove your sway bar links.
Found this pic from our last trip - when you see a huge gravel parking lot and this church, you're at the Snack Shack.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BMccool
I am installing my cb this week but will need help tuning. Would anyone be willing to let me borrow their SWR to tune before taking off saturday morning? radio shack wants $45 for their SWR and that seems a little greedy to me.
You can borrow mine. I got it at Fry's Electronics for $12. Not sure if they have any locations in TN.

Oh and JK-Rubi...that's not funny, now I'm totally paranoid.......THANKS. I'm gonna try the cheap evap relocation one more time. I just need to figure out how to get that hose to bend smoothly.

Last edited by Dstack701; 10-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks to the wife yelling at to stop it didn't get ripped off worse than it did!

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
That's what this guy was hoping on a trip to Tellico. You can see the little rock under the cannister that got mad at him (he was small, but feisty).
Old 10-21-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

Oh and JK-Rubi...that's not funny, now I'm totally paranoid.......THANKS. I'm gonna try the cheap evap relocation one more time. I just need to figure out how to get that hose to bend smoothly.
Don't worry, we'll watch out for ya.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Thanks to the wife yelling at to stop it didn't get ripped off worse than it did!
Thats why a Rockhard skid plate is going on mine this weekend. Also installing TF quick disco's.

DStack--How was the intsallation of your disco's?

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25