Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell, i would be all over this if i could just get my truck sold. Then buy a jeep i have lined up, then christen it offroad!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AndrewCote
Hell, i would be all over this if i could just get my truck sold. Then buy a jeep i have lined up, then christen it offroad!
Bring the truck...
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

So here is the list of the ones who have pretty much commited to going. Most everyone coming up on Friday will be later in the evening after work. We are going to try and get everyone who is camping to set up in the same area. You can contact me on my cell 770-864-3354 if you get lost or have any issues.

08{GA}Rubicon Fri-Sun 770-864-3354 - call if you have any issues (Corey)
ckivy Thu-Sun
CJclacker Fri-Sun
JK-Rubi Fri-Sun
JKChad Fri-Sun
BMccool Fri-Sat
07JKX Fri-Sat
Dstack701 Sat
TINMAN 2469 Sat
abock33 Fri-Sun
rubious ?

Saturday/Sunday Meeting Time
8:30-9:00am - 30 minute window - hitting the trail at 9am!

Meeting Location
Snack Shack - Trail Head

CB Channel
Channel 22 - (back up channel is 23)

Things to Bring for the trail- Food/Drinks - we will eat lunch on the trail
- Fire Extinguisher - should always have one
- CB - best way to communicate

Each morining we will meet between 8:30am - 9:00am at the snack shack staging area. You can purchase the permits, maps, food etc at the shack. This is also a place to air down and remove your sway bar links.

***Night Ride*** - we are also considering a night ride, not sure which night. We can talk about it and see what everyone wants to do.

***** If there are any changes to the meeting times or CB channels, it will be posted in this thread*****
Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still workin on saturday shift. I have friday and sunday for sure... Hope to get my cb antenna and mount this week.

-Chad-
Old 10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Default Thanks Corey

Thanks for taking the time to get a schedule setup.See everybody there.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Default NIght Ride

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
***Night Ride*** - we are also considering a night ride, not sure which night. We can talk about it and see what everyone wants to do.
I think a bunch of folks have already chosen Friday evening for their night ride - although most will be wheeling the Interstate on their way to Windrock.

I'm interested in a trail ride at night though. Maybe Saturday evening when everyone's recuperated from their Friday Interstate runs.

Originally Posted by ckivy
Corey - Thanks for taking the time to get a schedule setup.
x2
Old 10-20-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

Looks great Corey, Thanks.

I got my TF quick discos yesterday and will be installing them today. Got my CB all setup two weeks ago but I'm still getting high SWR readings. And thanks for the reminder about the fire extinguisher, HD here I come.

Also, I'm 99% sure that I'm camping out on Saturday so I can do a little wheelin on Sunday. As for the night ride, sounds awesome, but am I capable of doin so with stock lighting. I haven't done anything in terms of off road lights....yet.

Can't wait......see you guys up there.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Bring your SWR meter and we can work on getting it tuned correctly!

Originally Posted by Dstack701
Looks great Corey, Thanks.

I got my TF quick discos yesterday and will be installing them today. Got my CB all setup two weeks ago but I'm still getting high SWR readings. And thanks for the reminder about the fire extinguisher, HD here I come.

Also, I'm 99% sure that I'm camping out on Saturday so I can do a little wheelin on Sunday. As for the night ride, sounds awesome, but am I capable of doin so with stock lighting. I haven't done anything in terms of off road lights....yet.

Can't wait......see you guys up there.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Bring your SWR meter and we can work on getting it tuned correctly!
It's already in the glove box...thanks...Just picked up a fire extinguisher, now I'm going to the garage and putting on my discos and relocating my evap can.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have my SWR meter as well. What's a good fire extinguisher to get I was looking at the ones at Lowes and Home Depot. What size do you guys typically run. I saw a 2.5lb automotive and a 4lb household both BC extinguishers.

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25