Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

Old 09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25

ckivy and I were talking and wanting to plan another trip to Coal Creek OHV located in Oliver Springs, TN during the week/weekend of Oct. 22-25.

You can check check out out last trip here................................. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/sept-12-13-coal-creek-ohv-oliver-springs-tn-95700/

The Coal Creek OHV offers trails for all levels, totally stock up to very extreme. We were able to ride in 2wd at times and then needed the winches to get back to level ground!

The camp grounds have everything you would need to include showers and restrooms, you can also get back to town from the camp ground in 10 minutes!

I hope that more can make this trip due to it being a month away, post up if you can go or if you think it may be a possibility.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

You know I'm in.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

I will be there and will try to bring my father
On a related note i removed the front dif on my jeep and found NOTHING , nothing broke, missing ,worn ,or even chipped hope we can fix this before the next trip
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

For those of you that have never been to Coal Creek, the campground that we will be staying at is Windrock Park Campground. The following is the linkhttp://www.windrockpark.com/main/about.

The facilities are very clean and the views are phenomenal. We should be hitting the middle to end of the leaf change, and the first of the cool fall, should be a great time of year.

Please post with any questions or concerns if you are interested in coming.

I hope to see alot of fellow JK'ers.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Just FYI....perhaps you already know this, which is why you picked that weekend. Looks like lots of activities.

The Coal Creek OHV Area 2009 Fall Jamboree will be held October 22nd, 23rd & 24th.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/news_events/12
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I am thinking about trying to make this, how would a newb do here?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryanc
I am thinking about trying to make this, how would a newb do here?
With your setup Ryanc, just fine. I'm doing some research now, and plan to have some trails selected prior to wheeling there this time. On our last trip, we spent more time on gravel roads running from one part of the park to another than I would have preferred. Hope to have some big loops figured out with alternate routes for the various levels of experience.

BTW, none of us up there on the last trip were cavalier with respect to our Jeeps. I don't want body damage, etc. on my JK and, given the option, will back off if a trail looks like it's getting crazy. The other guys will affirm that 'cause they saw me do it at least once.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
Just FYI....perhaps you already know this, which is why you picked that weekend. Looks like lots of activities.

The Coal Creek OHV Area 2009 Fall Jamboree will be held October 22nd, 23rd & 24th.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/news_events/12
Hmm . . . didn't realize this was going on. The park is very big, but we might end up having more competition for the bathroom facilities. Corey/Chris what do you guys think?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those worried about a stock/stockish rig. I spent 2 solid days of wheelin at Windrock with my rig. It was my very first wheelin trip and I will always remember it. I got pretty brave the 2nd day and was doing quite a few med. trails. Some of these trails are rediculously long. I remember the first trail we started on was none stop for like 2-3 hours.. I've never been anywhere else with this much available.

I will be there for sure on friday. It's the one confirmed day off I have, so far.. That's my birthday weekend. So, I'ma try to convience my co-workers to cover a few more shift for me that weekend.

-Chad-
Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

once i figure out which weekend i have off this month i'll let you guys know cuz i may be able to go!

Quick Reply: Coal Creek OHV - Oct. 22-25