Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Bear Hollow Pix (Huntsville Al Ride)

Old 11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear Hollow Pix (Huntsville Al Ride)

What a great ride. First off, let me say the directions were more than sketchy. After a good 2hrs of driving around and getting kicked off of private property, we finally found what we were looking for.

So, if you have these directions:
You take 72 past Gurley, then take a left on 65. you will take 65 North until you come to County Rd. 175. Take a right on 175 and take it all the way to TN. You will see Estill Fork Rd....or something like that and the blacktop will end.

Use these instead:
Starting point is Wendy's (Hwy 72) east of Huntsville, just over the mountain.
Take Hwy 72E (14miles) to Hwy 65N. Turn left on 65N.
Go 17miles to CR 146. Turn Right.
Go about 75 FEET and take a Left onto CR 9.
Go 4 Miles til you come to a fork in the road. Take the left fork onto 175.
Go about 4.5 Miles. The road will come to a creek. Stay on the same side of the creek and follow the dirt road, goes for miles. Several turn offs with challenges and several creek crossings.

Enjoy the pix:

Old 11-16-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

awesome..you snapped a picture right when i was about to roll the JK down that insane mud/rock climb......can you use photoshop or something and circle Bamajk in that picture?? he's the little speck at the bottom of the trail.....that will show how stupid that climb was.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like you guys had a blast!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Red08JK
What a great ride. First off, let me say the directions were more than sketchy. After a good 2hrs of driving around and getting kicked off of private property, we finally found what we were looking for.

So, if you have these directions:
You take 72 past Gurley, then take a left on 65. you will take 65 North until you come to County Rd. 175. Take a right on 175 and take it all the way to TN. You will see Estill Fork Rd....or something like that and the blacktop will end.

Use these instead:
Starting point is Wendy's (Hwy 72) east of Huntsville, just over the mountain.
Take Hwy 72E (14miles) to Hwy 65N. Turn left on 65N.
Go 17miles to CR 146. Turn Right.
Go about 75 FEET and take a Left onto CR 9.
Go 4 Miles til you come to a fork in the road. Take the left fork onto 175.
Go about 4.5 Miles. The road will come to a creek. Stay on the same side of the creek and follow the dirt road, goes for miles. Several turn offs with challenges and several creek crossings.

Enjoy the pix:

Why don't you just rub the ride right in my face!!

Man, glad you guys found the place...sorry if directions wasn't very accurate. I really didn't intend them to be perfect...was just trying to give tboginski an idea of where it was. I am definitely in next time!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
[IMG][/IMG]
This was about the time I started to question my decision to stand at the bottom of the hill!!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

it was about the time I started to question if i was going to make it down on all 4 wheels.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I am ready to go again... this time... no other plans... I want all day to enjoy it. Thanks for the pics!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

QUOTE=USAF_GroundRat;794847]I am ready to go again... this time... no other plans... I want all day to enjoy it. Thanks for the pics!!![/QUOTE]

Was great to meet you man, even though you are USAF. Make sure you bring that satellite phone again, travis and I almost needed it.
And bamajk, next time wife stays at home or youre getting left behind at bottom of hill and we arent coming back down.

Just kidding man.

BTW, for thsoe of you that have quick disconnects. LMAO, make sure you do not disconnect them until you get there, you think I drive fast, try following groundrat. I was trying to smoke a cigar, shift gears, AND stay on the curving roads to keep up while my Jeep was trying to dance all over the road in the curves..
Old 11-17-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

groundrat drives like Ricky Bobby.

Quick Reply: Bear Hollow Pix (Huntsville Al Ride)