Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wake up Kentucky!

Bringing this thread back from the grave

Go Cats!

Here's a few shots of some Mad Co solo wheelin' yesterday and today:

Last edited by Dubya; 11-12-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

Dude, those pics look great! Nice day to be out yesterday too...give me a shout next time you head out on a weekend.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

If anyone in the Louisville Ky area wants to check out some trails sometime. I only know of Kotters bottoms up by stumlers orchard. Great trails when it's dry cause I'm on 31's right now. And there are some deep holes, also some steep hill climbs. Not bad for a local spot. trails lead up and down the knobs. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to go sometime or have some local trails of there own. I will show mine if you show me yours.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

wow does madison co have that nice of wheeling??? impressive!!

i could so some holiday wheeling. i only get one weekend off a month now, once i figure out when that is i'll post it up. i'd like to hit harlen up again
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

how about slade??
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

hey frankie945, I am in Louisville and would like to go sometime. I am tied up with work right now, but should have a decent amout of time in December. I am still stock at the moment, but have gone up to haspin acres (great btw, if you havent been there) a couple times and did alright. I do have a lift sitting in boxes in my garage teasing me to be installed...after that I am going to 35s. Hopefully December will give me a little time to get it on!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds good just shoot me a PM when ever you want to go. I have been to Haspin Quite a few times. Way too many ATV's. And when it's dry there, it is so dusty, you can't see your hand in front of your face.

I had a great time down in Slade KY about 2 weeks ago. It's only a 2 hour drive from Louisville. Only cost me a full tank of gas to get down there wheel for a few hours and the drive back. Had a blast... But need bigger tires to get deeper into trails.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

I've been to slade, back when I was in college in Lexington we went a few times. I havent been since then, but I remember some of the trails were really rutted up even then.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

its not to bad depends on which trail you follow. On a stocker it would be kinda tuff. The place by me isn't bad you would have no problems. Unless you venture off the main trail. My buddys stock range rover can make it no problems. He can't follow me everywhere but most off it. Just let me know when you want to go. Best to wait till after deer season. The hunters get pissed off easy.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

slade is one of my favorite places to ride. there are some radical trails down that way, i've only been there once, we didn't do any of the mild trails we did so of the wilder ones (well the most we could try, winching along)

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?