Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zoe Fire Dept.

So the Zoe Fire Dept is having their benefit ride this weekend. Anyone going. I'm thinking about it. We were going to go to the Dirty Turtle but I just found out about this and would really like to see the trails in Natural Bridge.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33
So the Zoe Fire Dept is having their benefit ride this weekend. Anyone going. I'm thinking about it. We were going to go to the Dirty Turtle but I just found out about this and would really like to see the trails in Natural Bridge.
i'd love to, but our club is having a lake shore clean up with the army corp engineers at east lynn lake in wv. gotta keep those trails open!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

did anyone make it to zoe?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

We never did. I wanted to go but opted for the dirty turtle instead. I'm glad I didn't. I ended up getting death wobble twice 5 min from the house. I was able to get the trackbar tightened back up and we headed down. I didn't wanna risk driving on it for more than an hour.

The dirty turtle defiantly could use a few rain storms. It was a dust bowl. The creeks that are a few feet deep were dry as a bone. Still had a fun time. Almost ripped off my rear fender and bent up my rear brakeline pretty bad. Nothing catastrophic. Just need to fix it when I get a chance.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm one step closer to getting new tires. Just got back from the Groceries and had to change a flat while I was there. Aparantly a thorn got my sidewall on the trail.

One more to go and I Have to get new tires.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33
We never did. I wanted to go but opted for the dirty turtle instead. I'm glad I didn't. I ended up getting death wobble twice 5 min from the house. I was able to get the trackbar tightened back up and we headed down. I didn't wanna risk driving on it for more than an hour.

The dirty turtle defiantly could use a few rain storms. It was a dust bowl. The creeks that are a few feet deep were dry as a bone. Still had a fun time. Almost ripped off my rear fender and bent up my rear brakeline pretty bad. Nothing catastrophic. Just need to fix it when I get a chance.
my track bar egged out too, i made a new bracket out of 3/8's plate on the axle end, then the upper egged, so i took 2 3/16's thick washers and welded them to the frame, so far so good. check your bushing too, one of mine went south and i had to replace it.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

They went bad at the best time. I'm ordering new trackbar and the jks reinforcement brackets tomorrow. I'm not sure which track bars to get though. I like the jks and Teraflex. I'm going to talk to David and decide then. I love birthdays.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

anyone around ft knox? im looking for some trails close by to go play on.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where did everyone go. Did you guys leave. This used to be the ky bs thread. It's been quiet for a while.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

i'm here! i cut a sidewall so i'm sidelined a bit, trying to decide which way to go, sell my tires and get some creepy crawlers, or get another tire? also trying to figure out the winter mods.

has anybody been doing any wheelin?

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?