Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kentucky old man here

but living in texas.go cats!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

lol good play abock good play hahaha

welcome aboard hawkspi
Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey you did say toy. I am jealous of the pipe bender too. and the huge tires.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

thanks man, i'm looking forward to making a few things for myself and others, that's my buddies spare for his TJ incase anyone was every wandering a 37 will wedge itself in the rear cargo area of a 4 door perfectly, so you don't have to get a tire carrier right away.

dang i'll be back on evening turn that weekend. i hope you can get a group together and hit slade up, i'd love to wheel with some jk's i'm always the only one
Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

For all you Northern KY fellas out there, I have a great resource for service you might be interested in. Recently I took my stock '09 JK in because of oil on the front of the engine with only 19K on it. Long story short the dealer I bought it from in Indianapolis denied the leak saying it was condensation on my hot engine block. After arguing with the P.O.S. for 30 minutes I took my Jeep home.

While on a visit to see my girl friend in Madison , Indiana by the KY state line I saw a Jeep dealer named McCubbins and thought what the hell lets get a second opinion. I had the service manager come take a look and the first thing he said was "hey looks like we got a leak goin' on here." Two days later they had my new part in and I had a brand new power steering pump installed no questions and no cost. One of the best service departments I've had the chance to deal with and they are HIGHLY reccomended!!!!

McCubbins Jeep in Madison Indiana
Old 08-24-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Arrow rubi take offs

hey guys,

anyone have any rubi take offs near louisville? just curious... pm if you do...

cheers
Old 09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

a couple of my favorite rigs that went with us

lower rock garden

mason jar

waterfall attempt

lower damnation

we had a pretty good trip we ran a lot of trails, not a lot of pics, but my friend is working on the video for me. we ran pinball, rail bed, lower rock garden, grapvine, shameless, killen time, upper and lower profanity, mason jar, lower damnation, frankenstein, those are the ones i can think of that are worth a mention. lower damnation and mason jar are by far some of my favorite trails, i'm wanting to hit middle rock garden, maybe upper damnation, crawfords cry and another one that the name escapes me right now. all i had was some minor body damage, one guy cracked his frame (rusted), 2 broke driveshafts, a few axles, and a ring and pinion.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

yeah man 37's, dreamin of 40's haha, black mtn is great, if you have a weekend you can go it is worth it. the dryer the better of course, when that place gets wet even the simple stuff gets hard. we stayed in a cabin sleeps 4, we had 2 ppl in it and it was 100 a person for 3 nites. they're not much 12x25, but it has a/c, heat, and a shower! be sure to get a map when you go b/c there are a lot of trails, they also say u need a helmet for class 5 trails, but i never put one on. i bought a yearly pass for 30, or u can gert a weekend pass for 20
Old 09-08-2010, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kiya
[B[SIZE="5"]]...I will also be down there on the 18th of Sept for ZOE fire department trail ride.[/B]

This pic is in slade a few weeks ago. A few of you probably seen this spot in the creek before. Believe it or not I made it up with out even spinning a tire. There was a few guys in rock crawlers climbing it and told me I didn't have a chance on making it but I proved em wrong. If you look close you can even see the water line on my spare tire. Good day for the JK.

[IMG][/IMG]
We hit Slade this weekend. Didn't see this place. Where was it, and how did you get there? We went in off KY 1639. Planning on running the Zoe FD ride on the 18th as well. Maybe see you there?

Matt
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

its a nice place to go b/c on most trails anyone can run them, a rig with 40's can take one route and a rig with 30's can take another, there are a lot of bypasses and challenging trails, of course there are some places that do not have bypasses and thats why they are rated a 5. they rate the trails for the hardest section that can not be bypassed. so you can have a set of wicked hard lines with a easier section next to it.

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?