Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I never made it to the trails. I kept trying to get a hold of the guys I was meeting up with but I guess their cell service doesn't work down there. We we're supposed to meet at the Zoe fire dept. but when we got there they had already hit the trails. No worries though. We just went hiking instead. I'm kinda bummed but we made he best of it. Now we REALLY need to get down there.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

that sucks man i hate it fell through on you. slade is a blast! we ended up hiting a trail after i got off work, once my buddy get the video's posted i'll post a link to them on facebook
Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Apparently it was slow going. The morning storm did a number on the trails. They spent most of the day winching. It took them till 6 to get off one trail. Kinda glad I missed it since I still need mud tires and a winch. But I still wanna go.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33
Apparently it was slow going. The morning storm did a number on the trails. They spent most of the day winching. It took them till 6 to get off one trail. Kinda glad I missed it since I still need mud tires and a winch. But I still wanna go.
are you still on your stocker tires? i have my rubi takes offs with some thin 33x12.50x17's and wheel spacers if your interested.

looks like our club is heading to harland august 26th-29th if anyone wants to go
Old 07-19-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubious
are you still on your stocker tires? i have my rubi takes offs with some thin 33x12.50x17's and wheel spacers if your interested.

looks like our club is heading to harland august 26th-29th if anyone wants to go
Yea I'm still running those street slicks. I bought some spacers, now I'm just saving for some MTRs. My plan is to get all the skids and covers before I purchace any tires. All I have left is diff covers and LCA skids. I figure they are more important than the tires anyway.

I might be interested in going. I'll talk to the boss and get back with you
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by abock33
Nobody wants go to natural bridge? I heard we're hitting up some new trails on some private land.
My wife and I are always looking for new places to go Jeeping. We've been hitting Madison county pretty hard, but would love to try Natural bridge.

We are in Lexington, so it's not too far.

Matt
Old 07-25-2010, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fazed
My wife and I are always looking for new places to go Jeeping. We've been hitting Madison county pretty hard, but would love to try Natural bridge.

We are in Lexington, so it's not too far.

Matt
I am in Lexington also, where have you wheeled in Madison county?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

We're always up for something to do on the weekends. Post up here and you'll usually get some responses. This thread has turned into the KY BS thread anyway.

Anyway I'm wanting to get a trip to the dirty turtle ORV park in bedford ky together some weekend in the near future. Anyone interested? I think its a bit more mild but is still a lot of fun. It will be the little ones first wheeling trip.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

"My wife and I are always looking for new places to go Jeeping."

Ditto we do a lot at turkey Bay at LBL, plus wherever we can get a chance to go ( MOAB THIS OCT!!!!).

We would love to go back to Slade it has been a few years since we have been over there.

If someone would be willing to help us out as a guide I could probably get several guys and gals from WKY to drive over for some fun. No buggies everyone is locked though and experienced we run anywhere from 33's up to a couple of guys have some 40's. Most though are 35's. You can check us out at bluegrass4x4.org.

Same thing if any of you all in EKY want to come this way we would be glad to help you out. We have TB and just north of Owensboro is Interlake. If it rains Ilake is great if you like mud if it does not rain then there still is lots of good hill climbs and flex spots. We can run anyone from stock on up.

Look forward to meeting and wheeling with some new people!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Any Ky jeeps out there?

Iono-

There are old out of service county roads accessible off of Whitlock Road and a few others off of Tates Creek. And by out of service, I mean long out of service. By most peoples standards they are pretty easy trails, but they are fun! Especially when the creeks are up!

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?