Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of going back to the dirtyturtle Saturday. If anyone wants to go too let me know. It's only 45 min drive from Louisville.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

what time would you get down there? I'm sure Geoff would go again. We could meet there.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down :(

I don't know why, but some person found it necessary to steal my spare off my jeep while i was in chicago for my buddy's bachelor party. Stolen the first night we were there off a well lit street in Lincoln Park. Didn't mess with a police report cause they'd never find (or even look for) it and insurance deductible would be more than its worth. I don't know if mine was the prettiest jeep or what, but there were 3 other wranglers within a stones throw which all still had their spares, one of which had larger tires.

I don't see it as that big of a deal that someone stole a stocker rim/tire that i was not planning on keeping for a very long time annnnd a 5th tire that was brand new because i don't use a 5 tire rotation. Although I was super pissed at the time, I figure there are better things to worry about. I had considered removing the spare tire just for the look, but i was hoping to have it if i needed it.

Sooooo I have a sahara, so its 18 inch wheels. If anyone has upgraded and doesnt plan on keeping those (selling, donating, etc)... I'm in the market for one (on the cheap).... Even if you just have a rim I can probably find some beat up tire to have just for back up.

So keep your head on a swivel in chicago and dont get burned like i did. Hope all is well!

Cheers
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been there.

I lived in East Nashville for a year. I had the flat Spare tire stole out of the back of my Bronco. Didn't care because it was flat. I figures I could go to one of the hundred used tire shops a d buy it back for 10 bucks. As luck would have it was an honest thief. They put it back in the truck the next night. I guess they couldn't get any money for it and didn't want to hold on to it.

That was 1 of the 6 times that either a vehicle or our house was broken into. Guess that's what happends when you go to college in a crap neighborhood.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

New to the JK forum and the JK family..im here in kentucky too...lookin for trails and things..
Old 06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome.

We shoudl plan a decent sized meetup with lots of forum folks in a few weeks. I am actually out of the country right now, but will be back and free to go wheelin anytime from the 23rd of July on.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone going or like to Natural Bridge this weekend? A friend of mine at work's club is planning an unofficial ride on Saturday. This will be the first Official family wheeling trip for us. So we are still deciding on what to do. (Hailey just turned 2 months this week and the doctor said she would be fine.). They are planning on meeting at the church by the Zoe firehouse at 9:00am on Saturday. Its just going to be a day trip so we'll be leaving that night. Unless the weather is nice then I'll probably camp at Koomer Ridge. Anyone interested lemme know.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nobody wants go to natural bridge? I heard we're hitting up some new trails on some private land.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

I would love to go back there it has been a long time since I have ridden in that part of the state! Problem is our club is having a Jeep cruise in this weekend in Owensboro. Next time you all go please send me a heads up or check us out at bluegrass4x4.org.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33
Nobody wants go to natural bridge? I heard we're hitting up some new trails on some private land.
man i'd love to go but i'm on dayshift this weekend, it'll be great down there this weekend, enough rain to knock the dust off

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?