Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be down for Saturday. Will let you know for sure towards the end of the week. I did not make it down Sunday. I Was too tired from hiking 12 miles and climbing up cliffs Saturday. And had a busy weekend. Got covered in ticks from head to toe up in Hemlock cliffs in Hosier National Forest. Next time I go repelling it's going to be fall time. And I drank almost a whole gallon of water Saturday.

I can't wait to go back down there. And your pic's just make me jones for it.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where'd you go climbing? Are they top rope Sport or Trad? I'm always looking for a partner to go with. Besides, my trad gear is sitting in my basement collecting dust. I have too many good weather sports.

Also I keep seeing a green Sahara around my area. It's stock but has a forum sticker on the passenger side. Only other thing I noticed is a compass tire cover. Does anyone know who this might be? It's the second time I've seen the girl driving but I can't seem to get an answer on who they are on here. Anyone know who she might be?

Last edited by abock33; 06-01-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added more.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

dubya i haven't heard of a trail named that, where was it at down there? i haven't seen a hard trail down there yet, unless you go into rockytop orv park. looks like you were on some good trails

we had a spur of the moment trip to slade today! we didn't get to ride a lot b/c i have to go to work here in a couple minutes, we did carburator, rode around on some easy roads, and started to do widowmaker but we ran out of time. i'll get some pics here in a day or so. i was very pleased with the super swamper ssr tires, i should shredded one on widowmaker, but it didn't even make a mark in the side wall.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

and i forgot this, can you guys take a picture of your 4x4 linkage on your transfercase, mine is broke, and i'm trying to find out what it looked like to begin with. mine will work, but i have to hold the linkage on by hand while someone shifts it.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by abock33
Where'd you go climbing? Are they top rope Sport or Trad? I'm always looking for a partner to go with. Besides, my trad gear is sitting in my basement collecting dust. I have too many good weather sports.

Also I keep seeing a green Sahara around my area. It's stock but has a forum sticker on the passenger side. Only other thing I noticed is a compass tire cover. Does anyone know who this might be? It's the second time I've seen the girl driving but I can't seem to get an answer on who they are on here. Anyone know who she might be?
we just went repelling at hemlock. I do have rock climbing gear but I'm not in shape like I used to be. The red river gourge will be my next outing but going to wait till fall. To hot out and I hate ticks.

is the girl cute ???
Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33

I know exactly who you are talking about. Her name is Jenna and she is a really sweet gal- loves that Jeep to death but if I remember correctly she bought it used and it already had the forum decal on it.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rubious
and i forgot this, can you guys take a picture of your 4x4 linkage on your transfercase, mine is broke, and i'm trying to find out what it looked like to begin with. mine will work, but i have to hold the linkage on by hand while someone shifts it.
Did you get a pic? I am sure there are some around the forums, but I will crawl under there and do the deed if needed (that's what she said).
Old 06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

thanks man, but apparently they are held on there by some plastic bushing? go figure so i'm either going to drill a hole in the lever and put a carter pin through it, OR put the linkage on the lever, and tack weld a washer on the end of the lever to keep the linkage from sliding off until then this is how i do it

Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rubious
thanks man, but apparently they are held on there by some plastic bushing? go figure so i'm either going to drill a hole in the lever and put a carter pin through it, OR put the linkage on the lever, and tack weld a washer on the end of the lever to keep the linkage from sliding off until then this is how i do it

Looks like fun! Hey I have a coat hanger you could borrow... but I need it back by next week... And are those panty hose you're wearing on your arms, sir?

Who is wheelin' this weekend and where?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

lol no sir those are ata sleeves. we have to wear those where i work for safety, even tho i generaly do not step outside of a control room

i'm doing some light wheeling up around ashland, with camping, and a bachelor party saturday so i'm booked up

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?