Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Couple of shots...

Aftermath of the flood- plenty of mud and waves

I am up for this weekend if anyone else is....

Old 05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

^^ nice pic's, i really dig the skull.. Were are u located at ? I'm thinking of going somewhere Sunday just don't know where yet.

IS livingston open ?? I was talking to a guy last time I was at Slade and he said you could still go back there.Said only one side was off limits. But I would hate to drive all the there and it's all blocked off.

Last edited by frankie945; 05-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

I would love to try Livingston sometime, i still see toys on trailers getting off and on at that exit. I don't know for sure if trails are open or closed. I am out for this weekend catch you next trip.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Once again I'm out for this weekend. We should have had our daughter over the winter. She's really cutting into my summer activities. Lol. actually I am having my steering wheel and stabilizer replaced. They told me at the dealer that the parts should be in by the end of the week. Which translates to them keeping it over the holiday. I hope they call me soon. Then I might be able to save the weekend
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by frankie945
^^ nice pic's, i really dig the skull.. Were are u located at ? I'm thinking of going somewhere Sunday just don't know where yet.

IS livingston open ?? I was talking to a guy last time I was at Slade and he said you could still go back there.Said only one side was off limits. But I would hate to drive all the there and it's all blocked off.
I am in Madison County. As far as Lvingston goes, I took these pix yesterday. Awesome flex from my Rock Krawler lift. You could move the spring by hand...

Last edited by Dubya; 05-27-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dubya
I am in Madison County. As far as Lvingston goes, I took these pix yesterday. Awesome flex from my Rock Krawler lift. You could move the spring by hand...

I like this pic. I guess I know now where I'm going Sunday.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

The Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History is running an exhibit called "Kentucky Military Treasures" in Frankfort. On display is a Ford GP (1 of 1,500 built in 1941). Approximately 1/6 of the WWII Jeeps (93,391) were built in Louisville.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

good find dubya!

hope you guys got to wheel some this weekend
Old 06-01-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up Memorial Day Ride

Originally Posted by rubious
good find dubya!

hope you guys got to wheel some this weekend
Yep- Here are my shots from yesterday in Laurel County. Who else has some pix?

It's time to put down the remote and go Wheelin' boys! Who is up for this week/weekend?

I found out the hard way that my Smittybilt hitch is killing my departure angle. I was aired down to 12 psi so that may have contributed, but I left more than a few scrapes from that damn thing. I haven't towed once with this particular Jeep so I may be cutting that thing off in the near future.

Anywhoo, plenty of bedrock climbin':

Breakover angle was cuttin' it close on some of the stair steps...

The center (fresh) scrape is from my hitch:

Great exposure on this one. The whole way down you have to ride the passenger side wall.

BTW Rubious- I was down in Williamsburg this weekend. DO you know of a trail called "Wurser"? As in, "boys, it just gets wurser and wurser from here."
Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Where are you guys going in Williamsburg and Laurel county, I am originally from Williamsburg and still own some land down there.

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?