Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have video of hairpin trying to get a vid put together now. The editing software I have is crap. Carb hill was pretty easy my buddy can't work a camera and didn't hit the record button when I was climbing it so don't have that on film. Will get it next time. I need a better camera and someone to shoot it. Cause my friend Mat sucks bad at filming things some of what he recorded made me sick trying to watch it. He was shaking so bad.

Also the rattle snake no longer exists. Water from the last hard rains washed the whole trail away. I didn't really want to have to run it anyway and put my windsheild though the dirt.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by frankie945
I think I have video of hairpin trying to get a vid put together now. The editing software I have is crap. Carb hill was pretty easy my buddy can't work a camera and didn't hit the record button when I was climbing it so don't have that on film. Will get it next time. I need a better camera and someone to shoot it. Cause my friend Mat sucks bad at filming things some of what he recorded made me sick trying to watch it. He was shaking so bad.

Also the rattle snake no longer exists. Water from the last hard rains washed the whole trail away. I didn't really want to have to run it anyway and put my windsheild though the dirt.
good to know i've got some buddies heading down this weekend. i'm wanting to try carb in a bad way, none of my friends can make it b/c they are in tj's and their wheel base kills them
Old 05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

This video is not the greatest. First ones ok. The second one is all grainy for some reason. And the Pic I posted above was the Hairpin. And I have to say that climb made me nervous. Wish I would have filmed it. From the bottom it didn't look bad till you get up there and see it's almost straight up and turns to the left.

Your buddies should have a blast down there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLFraTMtGU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RRJFa0y3GM

Last edited by frankie945; 05-17-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:44 AM
JK Newbie

I live in Nicholasville KY now but have to move to IN for work. My avatar is Jacobs ladder at Slade.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MatchStick
I live in Nicholasville KY now but have to move to IN for work. My avatar is Jacobs ladder at Slade.
is that on private land? I have yet been up that trail. One thing I like about slade everytime I go down there I find something new. Daniel Boone forest is so large.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

I think it is on private land. First you go up a trail called Holiday and then up Jacob's Ladder. Its short but fun and at the limits of what a stock Jeep can do.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up

Anyone up for some wheelin' tomorrow? Forecast looks tasty...
Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Yes it does but no can do this time. Any one been up to dirty turtle yet?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Frankie and I went there for their grand opening. Nice trails. We didn't do anything really hard but they say they have some pretty hard core trails there. I posted a few videos in here and on youtube. Has some footage of the main trail and a few others we went on. Search fo DTOR. Ice got the same username there too.

I'm going to try and plan a trip there around the end of June. It should be an interesting group. A few friends of mine ride quads and I'm trying to get a friend from work to take his tacoma there too. I'll post a new thread when I get more details.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

anyone hitting the trails this weekend??

might do some rappeling saturday at hemlock cliffs.

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?