Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you really need to be lifted and have armor if you go to slade.

at least we know now that a stock jk and tj can make it on the little widowmaker. With some help.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like all in all you guys had fun. Can't wait to see the videos.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lexingtonian here...transplanted from West Kentucky. Any yall wheel down in the LBL, or west kentucky, generally. I have found it to be a great spot with any number of challenges.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

little widow maker is def makable in a stock jk. i def would not to go slade without rock sliders at least.

what trails did you all hit and where are the pics? i was stuck at a college graduation, then sunday morning i remembered i'm not as good as i once was
Old 05-10-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

we only rode one trail due to having help the stockers the whole time. Defintly going back in a few weeks. I did try the widowmaker. But the water was deep and could not see the rock that I kept framing out on. So I had to back out of it. Will try again when I can see what I'm driving over.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by frankie945
we only rode one trail due to having help the stockers the whole time. Defintly going back in a few weeks. I did try the widowmaker. But the water was deep and could not see the rock that I kept framing out on. So I had to back out of it. Will try again when I can see what I'm driving over.
i'm glad to hear some stockers braved slade bravo to them.
i have yet to try widow maker, we ran out of time as well b/c we had to help stockers (me lol) we did little widow maker, hair pin (which i have heard has got BAD) and a few others i can' remeber the name of.

ordered my fenderless evo corner guards this evening from david@northridge
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

going to the badlands up in attica IN this saturday with some guys from the Greatlakes area. If anyone wants to ride up too. Leaving at 730am. I think there's going to be around 10 of us up there.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

any slade pics?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

I had a blast saturday. We rode with some of the guys from the KY Crawlers and Fire House hit every hard trail in the slade area. Put my JK to the test thats for sure and really impressed a bunch of guys with how well my rig did. I have a little video I will get up not much cause my buddy sucks as a camera guy but I will post a little that he got later on. Here is one pic of a CJ I had to help out getting all four tires back on the ground. I wish we would have go a vid of this climb cause it was straight up. You could not even walk up it. On a side note do not get Iroc Tires this guy in the pic had so much trouble with them they kept putting him in bad situations they would just dig in everywhere. I would buy some bald tsl's before getting these tires....
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by frankie945; 05-17-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

glad you guys had a good trip! how was hairpin?

got my evo corner guards today

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?