Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were there a lot of difficult trails at the Dirty turtle?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

They had quite a few. Anything green was considdered expert, though there were some of the black trails that had some pucker moments. I don't know the numbers cause we really didn't follow the map much. We stayed off the ones marked danger.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Big thanks to abock33 for posting the vids. Next time we need to get more of you. His JK really impressed me with the tires he was running. Never got hung up when everyone else did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNguQ...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRqkZ...eature=channel
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate that Frankie. I always feel like I don't fit in with the sra's, but they perform quite well. We'll have to get more people out next time.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

ahhh this lucky man just had a dana 60 and sterling 10.5 fall in his lap. i'm going to start the axle rebuild and conversion in june, and then throw them and coilovers on it once it starts to get colder out.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubious
ahhh this lucky man just had a dana 60 and sterling 10.5 fall in his lap. i'm going to start the axle rebuild and conversion in june, and then throw them and coilovers on it once it starts to get colder out.
congratz man.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubious
BAller.. With the big D60.. Congrats on that..

Anyone going to Thunder Over Louisville today.. I'm throwing down at my place hamburgers and beer.

Last edited by frankie945; 04-17-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

thanks guys, i'd loved to made thunder but this isn't my weekend off
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Firehound
Hello from Il. Has anyone been to Turkey Bay OHV? If so, is it stock friendly or is there a better place? The wife and I planned a vaction near LBL and the wifes now interested in wheelin there (my plan worked). I plan on going the weekend of May 14. Stayin at Prizer point 30/45 mins away. Would anyone be interested in showing us around LBL Sat(15th) or Sun(16th)?

Thanks
Brian
It has been a few years since I was there on an ATV not a jeep. If you have a stock jeep there are plenty of trails outside of Turkey bay in the LBL area that are gravel with plenty of small ruts, doubt you would need a winch, however a 2nd jeep would be better. They are the old relocated cemeteries. As for Turkey bay they have a lot of fast hill climbs for buggies. I'm pretty sure you can take it easy or get into some trouble if you wanted to there.
And I should say that the rocks there are killers, they are about 4 inches to 12 inches in diameter and will destroy anything not well armored.

I wish I could show you around there but May is locked up as of now
Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Turkey bay

I was their in may when i bought my new jeep, all stock 6 spd sahara wheels and tires. I talked to the forest service rangers and they told me where not to go, best i can remember their were 3 colors of trails, some were pretty rough, i did alot of them and never had trouble, like someone else said lbl is full of primitive roads to try, i would carry a hand saw if you try them, the ones i went down by energy lake had some small trees i had to clear(new black jeep and wife with me) hope this helps, i would show you around but i will be in the smokys on parson branch road the 14-16

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?