Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2" FT BB is on!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jettyrock
You might also want to look at the currie rear spring retainers.bolt those things on and nothing can come loose or move outta place.
way ahead of you boss. those are on the short list as well.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Can Handle the Truth
REMOVE THE FRONT TQ ARM BRACKET!!!!

I had the same problem, and the front trackbar bracket was the cause. Do a search and you'll see similar results. Sorry for the caps lock on the title line, but that's simply the cause of the weird "flighty" behavior and I wanted you to see.

Also, keep an eye on the rear spring spacer, they tend to pop out of place.
Huh, I'm at work atm so don't have time to dig around but I will tonight... I would think the increased angle of NOT having the front bracket would cause issues...

but the passenger side pull on hard accell has toned down ALOT over the past 3 days so... and it handles much like I would expect a lifted vehicle to handle. 70 on the freeway is not hairy at all (as long as I'm not getting blown all over the road by 50mph side winds) , around town driving is comfortable as well... I guess I'm content with it for now but thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

These spacers are garbage.

First time off road, spent the weekend riding mild sand trails and some moderate obstacles at Hard Rock.

Passenger side slipped off as I suspected it would. Drivers is still bulging (last two pics) but currently holding.

These will be tossed for a pair of TF or Daystar spacers.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scottrock
These spacers are garbage.

First time off road, spent the weekend riding mild sand trails and some moderate obstacles at Hard Rock.

Passenger side slipped off as I suspected it would. Drivers is still bulging (last two pics) but currently holding.

These will be tossed for a pair of TF or Daystar spacers.

TF all the way... Don't waste your time on anything else!!!

They pop into the body, locking them in place.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Glad I went TF
Old 05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

to all:

yeah hindsights 20/20. I had the chance to not install it as RedNeckJeep threw up an identical post just after my purchase but prior to install. I guess I could have returned it but

screw it, TF FTW!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
too funny.

but in all seriousness.... i think its great when people go with something else... we're all here for testing anyway... hence project-jk. i went with Teraflex cuz the other high altitude riders here in this state were rocking pro-comp, full traction, and bds. so i chose Teraflex as to bring feedback to the table for us Florida riders. I'm very happy with my choice.
That aspect had quite a bit to do with my decision to go forward with the install. I was pretty curious to see if RedNeckJeeps issues were isolated quality control problems or something more widespread. Honestly I was optimistic that his problem was an isolated one. I see now that it is not and I am happy to spread the word about an inferior product.

I would be really interested to know just how many of these kits made it out into the field and how many did/did not have problems.

At the end of the day this experience has pushed me towards another manufacturer and hopefully it brings some awareness to our fellow JKers.

I would certainly NOT recommend this lift. For obvious reasons.

Rock out.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

I went with TF because of the customer service I got from Joe. He was the one who talked me into the coil lift and the shocks. I'm so glad he did. So worth the extra money.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Looks Nice. Can't wait for my Suspension lift. It's getting done this week!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LittleJeepGirl
Looks Nice. Can't wait for my Suspension lift. It's getting done this week!
Cool! you'll find that the TF 2.5 is a great starter lift and will last a long time if you need it to.

BTW.. My fiance's name is Tara too!

Quick Reply: 2" FT BB is on!