Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2" FT BB is on!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still looks wonderful!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scottrock
well i am also running unlimited rubi springs. I figure total inches gained is around 3 1/2 in front and 3 in the back i do know that the spacers were pretty soft. I think that they should be made of a harder material... doubt i'll be running this lift for long...

edit: WOOT! Super Freak!!!!!!

i evidently have little life beyond this forum
I installed the Black Diamond BB 2" spacer and the spacers were a supper hard rubber. It has never felt squirrelly, but it does squeak every now and then, but the springs have never shifted either...
Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Big improvement... No pun intended
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Alright, I'm throwing this up and seeing what sticks:

The pull I'm feeling on acceleration could be rear axle off center? (it pulls passenger on accell then jerks a touch to driver when I let off the gas and shift)

Here's my reasoning on this... The FT kit cam with a front bracket but no rear bracket. During the install I had to unbolt the axle side rear trackbar connection so the axle would droop all the way down and release the springs with enough room for the spacers to go in. When I was reassembling I had push the rear axle super hard to the pass side to get the trackbar back on the bracket. Now the rear axle is about 1/2" off center.

If that could be the culprit then I'm looking at either a rear bracket or an adjustable trackbar. The next question is can I get an adjustable trackbar that I'm not going to have replace if (when) I go taller?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

You can get both the adj. trackbar and bracket to get it absolutely perfect if you wanted to. If you buy an adj trackbar most of them should be adjustable enough to accommodate a bigger lift. But remember, having a bracket would bring the bar to the more desirable horizontal position while the adj. trackbar won't. It will only adjust the axle laterally. If you go big the trackbar will dip downward and move the axle sideways greatly as the axle travels. So basically what I'm saying is getting an adj trackbar to center it up should do you just fine for now and later, but getting a bracket will eventually be a goal to keep in mind as well.

Last edited by bOLsAK=3; 04-13-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
You can get both the adj. trackbar and bracket to get it absolutely perfect if you wanted to. If you buy an adj trackbar most of them should be adjustable enough to accommodate a bigger lift. But remember, having a bracket would bring the bar to the more desirable horizontal position while the adj. trackbar won't. It will only adjust the axle laterally. If you go big the trackbar will dip downward and move the axle sideways greatly as the axle travels. So basically what I'm saying is getting an adj trackbar to center it up should do you just fine for now and later, but getting a bracket will eventually be a goal to keep in mind as well.
Great explanation! Thanks!

So next item on the list is a rear trackbar then...

Oh~ but first I gotta get squared away with Jettyrock... You know what I mean Brad should only be a few more weeks

edit: didn't mean "bracket". duh

Last edited by scottrock; 04-13-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

update:

Things are gellin evidently. Either the rubber is settling into the spring cups, stabilizing things a bit, or I'm just getting used to driving it f'd up

either way, the squirlyness has settled down considerably after a few hundred miles. I'll tell you what, I was about pissed Monday evening driving home in 50mph gusts with it handling the way it was.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I ended up getting the JKS adjustable trackbar for the front which greatly improved my ride.
The rear was ok since the TF lift came with the trackbar bracket (frame mounted).
Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by doc307
I ended up getting the JKS adjustable trackbar for the front which greatly improved my ride.
The rear was ok since the TF lift came with the trackbar bracket (frame mounted).
yeah this kit came with the front bracket and I have my eye on the Teraflex heavy duty bracket.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

REMOVE THE FRONT TQ ARM BRACKET!!!!

I had the same problem, and the front trackbar bracket was the cause. Do a search and you'll see similar results. Sorry for the caps lock on the title line, but that's simply the cause of the weird "flighty" behavior and I wanted you to see.

Also, keep an eye on the rear spring spacer, they tend to pop out of place.

Quick Reply: 2" FT BB is on!