Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2" FT BB is on!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" FT BB is on!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Jsr
JK Enthusiast

Nice bro...
Old 04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats on the altitude.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lookin Sharp We need to all meet at Vilano one day !!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

thanks guys.

you know, i may have unrealistic expectations but i have few concerns already... the ride is pretty squirrely, almost mushy. the spacers are made out of a suprisingly soft rubber and i don't know how much that has to do with it... but i can feel the front axle being pulled to the side when i accelerate hard and on the rear spacers if i run my finger around the back of the spacer I can feel where the spring is sliding backward causing the spacer to bulge around the lower edge. RedNeckJeep had a recent post where the top of the spring had slid/mashed through/over the retaining lip on the spacer and the spring was kicked out to the rear. I just read it last night but decided to just do it while realizing there can be times two people have entirely different experiences with the same product... yet still ready to deal with whatever may come.

Also FYI, the "billet aluminum" bumpstop extensions are rubber too.

A buddy of mine recommended dual SS to resolve the squirliness (if thats really a word) maybe I should take it in for an alignment first...
Old 04-12-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

love the willy's look to it.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

the alignment shound not be a problem as far as toe in and out the only thing that would change would be the steering wheel center, and the caster which would create a squilelly feeling

only fixes for those are control arms and adjustable trac bar
Old 04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Well I straightened the wheel. Tried that just once, a quick jot around the block to check for vibration etc, taking a slow curve @ 25mph, ESP kicked in and bout put me in the ditch

came right back and straightened the wheel and took it back out & got it up to 60mph. it's all good but the squirliness. guess i need to be saving for some arms & bars... oh darn, something else cool for the Heep
Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scottrock
Well I straightened the wheel. Tried that just once, a quick jot around the block to check for vibration etc, taking a slow curve @ 25mph, ESP kicked in and bout put me in the ditch

came right back and straightened the wheel and took it back out & got it up to 60mph. it's all good but the squirliness. guess i need to be saving for some arms & bars... oh darn, something else cool for the Heep
I don't really think you need arms for a budget boost. You might have something else going on.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by doc307
I don't really think you need arms for a budget boost. You might have something else going on.
well i am also running unlimited rubi springs. I figure total inches gained is around 3 1/2 in front and 3 in the back i do know that the spacers were pretty soft. I think that they should be made of a harder material... doubt i'll be running this lift for long...

edit: WOOT! Super Freak!!!!!!

i evidently have little life beyond this forum

Last edited by scottrock; 04-12-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 2" FT BB is on!