Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

SD Suds & Grub - Fuddrucker's - FEB 26th

Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cell4soul
If today at my continuing education class is any sign of what time I get out of class on Friday, then I should be able to make this.

Cool it will be great to meet another SM JKer!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Cool it will be great to meet another SM JKer!
Which part of SM you in? I am over by Richland Elementry on Richland Rd. I graduated San Marcos High School 20 years ago, and just moved back.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Jedi

Which part of SM you in? I am over by Richland Elementry on Richland Rd. I graduated San Marcos High School 20 years ago, and just moved back.
Dude between you (Richland) me (Palomar College Area) and Chris (castalone) in Discovery Hills we have San Marcos covered! Have you done SM Hills yet? If not, the three of us will have to do it since it's like 6 miles to the trail head for all three of us! Hope you make it Friday...we're gonna take that place over!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dude between you (Richland) me (Palomar College Area) and Chris (castalone) in Discovery Hills we have San Marcos covered! Have you done SM Hills yet? If not, the three of us will have to do it since it's like 6 miles to the trail head for all three of us! Hope you make it Friday...we're gonna take that place over!

I did SM Hills the first time in 1991 in a stock 2wd Nissan Hardbody. It was not nearly as rutted back then. We used to go up there to shoot and mess around. I brought my JK up there the first weekend I had it. I bent my control arm bracket that day and dented the exhaust. Haven't done much wheelin' since. I've kinda been waiting til I get the lift, wheels and tires. I am really fired up, my new lift goes on in about a week. Teraflex 2 1/2" springs w/full flex arms, new wheels and MT/R's. Got shock skids, steering stabilizer, C gussets and a couple of other goodies going on too. It's killing me though, I could have the lift installed next Tuesday ( just before TDS ), but the MTR's are on back order for 3 weeks. I am considering another tire, but don't want my impatience to rule my decision. If I choose another tire, the lift goes on before TDS and I'll head out there.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Jedi

I did SM Hills the first time in 1991 in a stock 2wd Nissan Hardbody. It was not nearly as rutted back then. We used to go up there to shoot and mess around. I brought my JK up there the first weekend I had it. I bent my control arm bracket that day and dented the exhaust. Haven't done much wheelin' since. I've kinda been waiting til I get the lift, wheels and tires. I am really fired up, my new lift goes on in about a week. Teraflex 2 1/2" springs w/full flex arms, new wheels and MT/R's. Got shock skids, steering stabilizer, C gussets and a couple of other goodies going on too. It's killing me though, I could have the lift installed next Tuesday ( just before TDS ), but the MTR's are on back order for 3 weeks. I am considering another tire, but don't want my impatience to rule my decision. If I choose another tire, the lift goes on before TDS and I'll head out there.
Yeah some nice obstacles up there and ruts that will eat you up if you aren't careful! Sounds like you are gonna have yourself a nice rig! If you need help with any of the install we're always having install party's and within our area there's a lot of experience MTR's are pretty nice I'm running the BFG KM2 but will be going to the Toyo OC sometime this year...did you check out the Toyo's? Pretty nice and do well for the trails we do only knock on them are the stiffness of the sidewalls when doing soft sand...haven't seen anyone with them having issues in the sand thou Anyway we'll talk more shop at the Suds n Grubs!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah some nice obstacles up there and ruts that will eat you up if you aren't careful! Sounds like you are gonna have yourself a nice rig! If you need help with any of the install we're always having install party's and within our area there's a lot of experience MTR's are pretty nice I'm running the BFG KM2 but will be going to the Toyo OC sometime this year...did you check out the Toyo's? Pretty nice and do well for the trails we do only knock on them are the stiffness of the sidewalls when doing soft sand...haven't seen anyone with them having issues in the sand thou Anyway we'll talk more shop at the Suds n Grubs!
I ran the Toyos on the last rig I built, a really heavy Toyota. Just not sure if I want the load range E on a 2dr JK. I thought about running the Toyos KM2's or even Cooper STT on the JK and still might so I can get eveything done sooner. I'd love to hear some opinions on any of the above.

I am always down to do some wrenching. I am actually going to tackle my fender chop this weekend in preparation for my lift if anyone wants to do some wrenching. I'd love to do this with someone that has already done it. I would definitely be willing to trade my labor and help someone with whatever project they have going. I have a garage full of tools and even access to my brother's welder and plasma torch for those in need. If I finish the fenders quick enough, I am probably going to chop ( stubby ) the front bumper until I can afford the real deal.

Gerrit
Old 02-24-2010, 06:03 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gonegoannas
I don't think 22 jeeps is enough, so please make us 23. We will more than likely be late.
LOL!! no way, you're really gonna make it? is TikiJK down in SD this week again?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

looking at the list, this is gonna be HUGE
Old 02-24-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
looking at the list, this is gonna be HUGE

Yeah I joked with Blonda that the fire marshall is gonna close it down! Did you see LiquidHigh worked out parking and a discount on food...pretty cool! Can't wait to till Friday!

...I thought about running the Toyos KM2's or even Cooper STT on the JK and still might so I can get eveything done sooner. I'd love to hear some opinions on any of the above.
I am always down to do some wrenching. I am actually going to tackle my fender chop this weekend in preparation for my lift if anyone wants to do some wrenching. I'd love to do this with someone that has already done it. I would definitely be willing to trade my labor and help someone with whatever project they have going. I have a garage full of tools and even access to my brother's welder and plasma torch for those in need. If I finish the fenders quick enough, I am probably going to chop ( stubby ) the front bumper until I can afford the real deal.
Gerrit
Cool!
Looks like we've got another NC person with skills and tools! I'm sure there will be others that want to do a fender chop and now there are several people who have done it and can lend a hand. We'll talk more about it on Friday!

Last edited by sm_rubi; 02-24-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

It's killing me that I can't make this one!

I'm going to have to hook up with some of my Japan JK buddies and hit the trails while I'm over there to make up for it!

Quick Reply: SD Suds & Grub - Fuddrucker's - FEB 26th