Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

San Diego Suds-n-Grub, Tuesday 13 January 2009

Old 01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Ty, you have the Vision X Tantrum LED pod kit right? I may have to pick your brain about them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH6civLDZY0
Yes, yes I do. And, yes, they strobe and flash just like that YouTube video; oh, and they work pretty good as Rock Lights as well. But, it's more fun with the strobe and tunes in the parking lot.

Ty..
Old 01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! I'm moving to San Diego (probably Carlsbad) in the next week or two. I'm flying in tomorrow to scope out some places and decide.

I'm pumped. So hopefully I'll get a chance to come out to one of the next meets.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and exploring the area!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sQuid
Hey guys! I'm moving to San Diego (probably Carlsbad) in the next week or two. I'm flying in tomorrow to scope out some places and decide.

I'm pumped. So hopefully I'll get a chance to come out to one of the next meets.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and exploring the area!
Let us know if you need anything...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
hey everybody, i just wanted to let you know that we had a great time last night. i have to say, even more than the stunning architecture and great brew at stone, ty's disco JK simply blew me away

looking forward to the next suds-n-grub
Just for Ty I was going to say... X2!

But yes, we had a really good time as well. I can't wait to see all of the Jeeps in the daytime on the trail. When did you guys say we were going to do that again???
Old 01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bully17

But yes, we had a really good time as well. I can't wait to see all of the Jeeps in the daytime on the trail. When did you guys say we were going to do that again???
I thought you were following us, we all decided to do a midnight run last night, guess you left too early...

<------ Post Whore!!!

Oh, wait... I went home and just had a dream of hitting the trails...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Ty, you have the Vision X Tantrum LED pod kit right? I may have to pick your brain about them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH6civLDZY0
I want disco lights like that!!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

haha... good youtube video.

it was nice associating screen names with jeeps. now i need to figure out when i can hit the trails if work doesn't kill me.

dan
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gryph0n

<------ Post Whore!!!
Were these conversations I was a part of???

Just kidding. I, too, was going to do a x2 just to be a smart-ass. But, then, I thought to myself, "did I really make a big deal of it, or was I just sort of having a good time on numerous beers?"

Now you see why i need to bring two designated drivers . . .

Ty...
Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's funny... conversations that you were part of... That kills me. It was hilariuos when you said X2!!! It actually reminds me of a joke. Remind me to tell you the next time I see you.

Hey man... I heard a rumor that you might be wheelin' this weekend? Is that true? Anything a noob might try to tackle? Well not noob... stock is more like it. My schedule is open, so let me know.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Hey man... I heard a rumor that you might be wheelin' this weekend? Is that true? Anything a noob might try to tackle? Well not noob... stock is more like it. My schedule is open, so let me know.
Hey Jeff, . . . yeah, I'm lookin' to do some wheelin' this weekend. Thing is, there are several different things going on, so I'm not sure what direction I'm leaning, yet. I was going to go up to Big Bear, maybe some wheelin' and snow boarding; but, I think that is out now.

There are several friends going out to Ocotillo (day trip), and/or the Superstition Mountain area (overnight camping). And now, there is Eddie's overnight trek across the desert which sounds like a pretty fun time (mellow wheelin' and a lot of exploring (which my boys really like.))

So, I'm still deciding.

Ty..

Quick Reply: San Diego Suds-n-Grub, Tuesday 13 January 2009