Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Hungry Valley OHV 6-7-09

Old 06-07-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
Yeah, it was definitely an adventure. I've seen what that rock pile has done to axles. Lord knows I'M not gonna go on it.

After all of the adventures today..the broken axle, the torn off fenders, the tight, tight squeezes thru brush and getting custom pinstripping, the steep inclines....I am officially beat! Woo! Had a good time. No more ATV trails though!
Pinstripping by nature rocks Glad you all had a great time. I was prepping for the heat next weekend in the desert!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Harry needs a new axel shaft! We are having dinner at black angus. Oh, oleg made it through the rock garden all the way to the top.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had fun today. Thanks for putting this together today as it is practically in my backyard and easily accessible for me.

I have pin stripping to remind me of today.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Woods has a manual, too. Had a great time today. Got a red neck and face to go with my new stripes. Not as red as Allen, though!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Great day today will post some great pics tomorrow for you all. and tell a few stories.

until then good night
Old 06-07-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome time, good to see some familiar faces along with the new ones Gotta thank Harry for the massivepinstripes. You're crazy on a 2wd jeep. Great dinner and great company. Oleg did a great job making it through the rock garden in about 30min or so Harry and Allen my CB died on the way home, gotta get a stationary one.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Great time everyone!!!!...Way to go on planning Harry....and its all good. My fender is sitting in the back of my JK waiting to be put back on...have to find some of those little clips somewhere. It was so funny seeing my fender go by my window in a tree in the same position it was in on my Jeep!

I guess if I wouldn't have laid down the gauntlet by hitting the rock garden, Harry could have finished off the drive in 4 wheel drive! NOT, I was just the first to hit it! It was amazing how easy Oleg made it look at the end of the day!

Paul, it was so great re-connecting with you...can y'all believe we pledged the same fraternity TWENTY SEVEN years ago...Paul, hope you weren't trying to keep your age a secret!

My favorite quote of the day (besides Toad's "Big A$$ Rut") is Oleg's "just gas it and don't stop!" Hey...tell Kate the sour cream on the sunburn is nice and soothing, but the smell is not very appetizing! Thanks for the tip! And my wife doesn't like sour cream...no win there!

Toad, I am glad you had fun despite us pushin ya a little! You did awesome! I think a few people went a llittle out of their comfort zone , but that's the way to grow!

Dinner was excellent also! Good dining with y'all...

I am SO looking forward to the Mega Meet! WOOHOOOOOO

I hope to wheel with all of you again!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had a blast! Great to be out again.

Harry, no-one can EVER say you won't try ANYTHING! well at least in 4wd... Glad we got the chance to learn how to replace/remove an axle.

Fun to meet you all. Not a fan of atv trails! but I did have a few extra stripes to remember yesterday by.

Looking forward to the next trip!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08redJKnCA

Paul, it was so great re-connecting with you...can y'all believe we pledged the same fraternity TWENTY SEVEN years ago...Paul, hope you weren't trying to keep your age a secret!
Not now...

This truly is a small world, Allen. We have a lot of catching up to do... It was very cool wheeling you and the rest of the guys and gals. See ya at the Mega Meet!

Quick Reply: Hungry Valley OHV 6-7-09