Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Help asap

Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

awesome!! way cool but wait.... WTF??

sounds like ya'll had one hell of a full day and i can't wait to see the pics
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
awesome!! way cool but wait.... WTF??

sounds like ya'll had one hell of a full day and i can't wait to see the pics
Let's just say I'm getting pretty quick at removing axles. I think this one took about 20 minutes. Lucky for me I still had your plug handy.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Assessing Ryan's delimma

After a airing down and a couple of attempts we were prepared to strap up Ryan (Vaughtra) to get him out of the rut but Travis (OSI4) after airing Ryan down more and providing a good spot got him out before we could head down the hill

We decided to do some exploring since it didn't take long to get Ryan out

While exploring we ran into Boarder Patrol Agent James and his JK. Too bad we didn't have a spare JK sticker or we'd have tagged it!

After doing more exploring or Otay Mountain we started to head down the mountain and came across three agents trying to free one of the Boarder Patrols Ford 250 4x4 that was sunk to it's frame in thick swamp like mud...
Sorry no pics as it took both Travis, me, winches x2, another Ford 250 pu and JK as anchors to get the guy out...I think Dave (kupost) has some pics...but the fun didn't end there as Andy (CA-JK) decided to listen to Travis and try taking the Boarder Patrols line and he got suck as well! After another winch, strap job and broken u-joint we had him freed...thank god the Board Patrol Agents we're great guy's as they let us use their facilities to fix his axle blow out my brake calipers as they locked up with mug and we all aired up from their well stocked facilities...we even earned a round of beers or some other contribution as the Agent who was stuck will be attending or sending something for us at the Wednesday Suds n Grubs at Stone!

Many lessons were learned on this day!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

As Ca-Jk explained, it was one hell of a day. First off, I owe a huge thank you to the 5 guys who showed up--it means alot to have a group of guys of whom i barely know and some i met today to show up on such a short notice and take time out of their weekend to help.

Secondly, the rest of the day of riding, helping BP, helping Ca-Jk, etc was a great time.

I have pics and will put them on later tonight.

Thank you guys once again for what you did
Old 12-13-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaughtra
As Ca-Jk explained, it was one hell of a day. First off, I owe a huge thank you to the 5 guys who showed up--it means alot to have a group of guys of whom i barely know and some i met today to show up on such a short notice and take time out of their weekend to help.
Secondly, the rest of the day of riding, helping BP, helping Ca-Jk, etc was a great time.
I have pics and will put them on later tonight.
Thank you guys once again for what you did
The great thing about this forum is everyone is always willing to help one another out like a family except without as much drama and not nearly as dysfunctional! Hope to share a laugh and some good stories at the Suds n Grubs
Old 12-13-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
The great thing about this forum is everyone is always willing to help one another out like a family except without as much drama and not nearly as dysfunctional! Hope to share a laugh and some good stories at the Suds n Grubs
i need to add myself to the list of who is coming to the Suds n grubs
Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The San Diego group did the JK-Forum Proud Thanks guys

Old 12-13-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Junkie

Very Interesting time. Pics are still uploading and will post once they are done.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

an experience well remembered then! good job guys
Old 12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

Default damn im to late

man wish i would have seen this post before. i know exactly where you guys are.

Quick Reply: Help asap