Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Help asap

Old 12-12-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help asap

So, I need the blessings of a group of you. I went down to the otay mountains to do some riding this morning and got stuck. Border Patrol finally found me, got me off the mountain, but my jeep is still up there.

I need a small group to go down there tomorrow and help winch me out, God willing that nothing happens to the jeep over night.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

crap! where abouts are you stuck and how did you get stuck? do you have gps coordinates or can you at least give us a better idea of where you are? is there safe ground for other vehicles to come in for the rescue? more details would help out a lot.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

there is safe ground--i know exactly where the vehicle is so I do not have the coordinates. I'm not dug in the mud, but the mud was in the grooves of my tires, and therefore was like ice and left me unable to move.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

i'm at the bottom of a dead end trail--that is how i got stuck. I'm not exactly sure what type of details you need---not trying to be difficult, more just uneducated in exactly what you need to know.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i guess what i'm trying to figure out is if we were to come out, would we end up in the same situation as you? would it be better to wait for the rains to subside. also, i am unfamiliar with the otay moutains. could you at least give me a general idea of where they are? what highway(s)?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Might be able to help tomorrow. My winch is haveing "issues" but I have a tow strap. Is this the same Otay Mt near the border down the 94?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes, that is the otay. if you don't mind, i would love to have your help if you don't mind
Old 12-12-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Vaughtra
yes, that is the otay. if you don't mind, i would love to have your help if you don't mind
What time do you want to meet up tomorrow and where? I am busy until about 1030ish but might be able to come earlier depending on how things go. Also I would prefer at least one more Jeep so we don't have two stuck Jeeps.

Also what do we need to bring other then the tow strap? If you could elaborate more on what I am getting into that would be great. IE that you are at the bottom of a mud filled hill ect...

Last edited by JayhawkJeep; 12-12-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

I'd like to help you also but I have plans to be out of town tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

you name the time, I am available all day and again, at the mercy of the people who can help me.

I'm not sure what else we would need. the problem is simply that i couldn't get traction because of the mud stuck in the tread of my tires. maybe a shovel?

I will be at a mandatory military dinner tonight until 10ish. Again, I am avaialble any time tomorrow. If you don't mind, figure out what time is best for you and a 2nd jeep and i will check when i get home tonight.

If you need to know something immediately, txt me at 256-656-7215

Thank you once again

Quick Reply: Help asap