Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2nd Annual Anza Borrego Newbie Run: October 25th

Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One package from pepboys was worked for me. I axtually have an extra package I think.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by OffTopic
Sure, let me know when you have the trim* (you might have to order it - I had to order two packages and the guy said he thinks they're going to stop making it) and the lights, and we'll figure out a time.

* I used the truck door edge molding in a blue package from Kragen, but I think Jake (serveapurpose) found a different kind at Pepboys. You need four packs of the 9ft molding from Kragen.
One package of the PepBoys stuff 25ft package will do all four fenders! That will leave you with a piece long enough to run across the top of your tailgate and protect it from any bumps or bruises....

OffTopic let me know when you do it and maybe I can assist you.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry I couldn't make it I got asked to work by the boss and with tough times I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a couple extra $$
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok for those of you wanting to know where the slot and sand hill are on Google Earth, here ya go.

33.18312410 -116.21302657 the slot area
33.18591516 -116.22121071 sand hill area

Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
One package of the PepBoys stuff 25ft package will do all four fenders! That will leave you with a piece long enough to run across the top of your tailgate and protect it from any bumps or bruises....

Jake that would be great . Bill is pretty jammed up (he did the actual cutting), and any time he has in the next week reallt needs to go to fixing my jeep (again ), so I told him I could handle it myself. Much better to have you there, especially since you have a flexible schedule like mine! Hell, you guys don't even need me then - but I'll still be there to give you a hard time!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by serveapurpose

Hey Lori,

I like that tailgate idea, if you have an extra piece when you are done, maybe I could buy it off you. Not gunna do the fenders any time soon, so I don't really need a full 25'...

dj
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

I have a package of 25ft, just in case anyone needs it.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dustjunkie
Hey Lori,

I like that tailgate idea, if you have an extra piece when you are done, maybe I could buy it off you. Not gunna do the fenders any time soon, so I don't really need a full 25'...

dj
Mine are already done. I think I still have some scrap pieces left lying around because I used the shorter rolls. If you let me know what length you need I can check.

Unless you meant to ask that of BEACHN?

Jake (serveapurpose), let me know when is good for you. You have my number. If we could do this somewhere other than my place it would be best for me. I'm not supposed to work on vehicles in my driveway, and I've already received one warning. I'll risk getting fined for my own jeep, but...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine are already done. I think I still have some scrap pieces left lying around because I used the shorter rolls. If you let me know what length you need I can check.

Jake (serveapurpose), let me know when is good for you. You have my number. If we could do this somewhere other than my place it would be best for me. I'm not supposed to work on vehicles in my driveway, and I've already received one warning. I'll risk getting fined for my own jeep, but...
Right, I am an idiot... Yup, if I read right you guys are talking about Serveapurpose helping out with Beachn's fenders.... I am confused...

Hey, how about this, if anybody has a 4'ish chunk left over... I could use it for my tailgate...

dj
Old 10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I can't do it at my place either without the Leasing office coming over and chewing my rear off! BEACHNJK is gonna have to furnish the facility.
I still need to order a full set of replacment clips so I can pull the fenders off and paint the exposed greystone under the fenders black. From a side view of my JK it looks as if I dont have any fenders at all !
I'm heading over to Offroad Evolution today to drop off my RockHard Cage to be powdercoated. I have some time tommorow and Friday if that works.

DustJunkie I have a piece of the trimming that you can have for the tailgate...
JAKE

Last edited by serveapurpose; 10-28-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Anza Borrego Newbie Run: October 25th