Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2nd Annual Anza Borrego Newbie Run: October 25th

Old 10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT. EVIL
Not always, look at my last post.....

i read it, and so the tires will still try and grab the sways any way you put them, or whats gonna work for guys without dicos?

i had mine tied up to the front bumper on Cleghorn, never had a problem.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedrockX
well... hopefully not "everything"... (unless its BIGFOOT)

so... i can say i dont know how to disconnect, and someone would show me?

i might have to play this newbie thing up.

Here's what it takes to disco https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/manual-swaybar-disconnect-non-rubicon-models-6167/

But like everyone says, it's really easy and there'll be a ton of people there to show you how it's done.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sintaur
Here's what it takes to disco
Here is another method!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47gah...eature=related

Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

I should never try to drink a beverage and read anything from Rubimon, either that are invest in a spit shield for my computer.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ADX 08
You bet.... we had over 10 jeeps on that trail.... had to keep things moving.... plus things just go quicker.

Another thought.... see that orange thing under the jack.... HIGHLY USEFUL. I keep forgetting to get one of those.... increases the height of the jack... increases the footprint of the jack.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
In regards to the whole zip tie dilemma, I have always done it this way and have never had a problem. It's odd that this has happened a few times and don;t understand if it IS a problem, why it never did it to me.
I do know for a fact (since I was right behind him) ADX second blowout was fully stuffed and at full steering lock when it occurred. His first blowout was also on a steep decent with turns. While I am not privy to actually seeing it... it makes me wonder if a similar condition existed.

And Toad's friend lost a tire in the same manner on the same hill as ADX second blowout. He had a velcro strap holding his up.

I really don't see how a heavy zip tie can break without the suspension bumping the sway bar and breaking the tie in some significant manner.

I, as a rule now avoid the full turn/fully stuffed condition whenever possible.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Basically.............shit happens.
Yea, but when shit happens thrice on a run... I start to wonder. That and I would hate to see noobies get discouraged. I know that would piss me off.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by james90755
Yea, but when shit happens thrice on a run... I start to wonder. That and I would hate to see noobies get discouraged. I know that would piss me off.
the way i look at it.. (from a "noob" perspective)
if your out on a trail, your enjoying "nature" and socializing/bonding with new friends (or old ones)... shit is gonna happen.
people learn from mistakes... (theirs or others)
and hopefully figure these things out. or at least, see what works for THEM.

going on a group run is fun, gives me a chance to see what others have done to improve the ride and function/abilities of their rig... i at some, and at others... but its a chance to see these ideas in action. be it "new discos" or air systems, wheels/tires "whatever"...

and the best part IS the attitude that i've seen these guys have, where they just enjoy to help out someone that is interested in the things they LOVE.

we are really looking forward to this run, and hope to go on more and see more things that a LOT of people NEVER get to see or do.

Thanks you guys for making these runs and knowing this shit and showing people how to enjoy something that may be totally new to them, and see them get the bug to get off the couch and leave the BS of daily life at home for a while and GET OUT and see the country side.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi

Do your zip-ties look like this? That could explain things!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Do your zip-ties look like this? That could explain things!

i've driven many miles with rolls of that crap on my hood.... nasty nasty stuff.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Anza Borrego Newbie Run: October 25th