Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

2nd Annual Anza Borrego Newbie Run: October 25th

Old 09-26-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, we're taking Jeepin to a whole new level... maybe I should start a website...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

james90755... this might help with the rockrail install.

I used a single jack stand, my 2dr shrockworks sliders would balance PERFECTLY on a single stand, while i marked my drill points and while i was bolting it in...

just something to think about... a cheap buddy that wont run his mouth or drink your beer. (or screw your girlfriend..)
Old 09-29-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Wasn't sure when my wife was going in for her wrist surgery, but now it looks like it won't be until after the trip. So put us down for overnight camping.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
JOD
JK Enthusiast

Count me in if I'm not too late! I'd also like to camp.... with my wife... And, I think I'll leave my dogs at home for this one. Although we did the Rubicon Jamboree and they loved it! Would if be a problem if they decide to come? I read the dog rules / regulations too...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

So, we have a bone stock Rubicon, and we are completely new to wheeling.

I plan to get a CB before this run, but is there anything else we really need before heading out for this trip? Tow strap? clevis stinger for tow hitch? tire deflators? air compressor? spare parts? what do I really need for this kind of trip?

Thanks!

Jake
Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Originally Posted by dustjunkie

I plan to get a CB before this run, but is there anything else we really need before heading out for this trip? Tow strap? clevis stinger for tow hitch? tire deflators? air compressor? spare parts? what do I really need for this kind of trip?

Thanks!

Jake
Tow hooks! A cb radio would be good to get if your planning on goin on more runs in the future. Check out some of the CB threads.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKid
Tow hooks! A cb radio would be good to get if your planning on goin on more runs in the future. Check out some of the CB threads.
Thanks! are the tow hooks that come stock on the front of the Rubi adequate? Can't remember if there are any on the back, but if not is a clevis on the hitch receiver a good option?

Thanks!

jake
Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Thanks! are the tow hooks that come stock on the front of the Rubi adequate? Can't remember if there are any on the back, but if not is a clevis on the hitch receiver a good option?

Thanks!

jake
Those tow hooks are perfect and a clevis will do fine for the rear.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Thanks!

Jake
I was in your boat in Feb when we did this trip. What I learned was all those things you mentioned are good ideas, but since there will be MANY fully provisioned rigs on this run, I wouldn't rush to buy up stuff. I would have hooks so that it would be easy to be pulled out, but other than that, I wouldn't sweat it the other stuff. Everyone is willing to help. I would check out eveyone else's stuff and ask questions... you'll learn a lot that day.

If you have some 18mm wrenches, bring two... you'll want to disconnect your front sway bar. Hefty zip ties in the 12" range would be good as well for that.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

No wrenches need, it's a Rubicon. A cheap deflator and a pressure gauge to let your air out and a cheep compressor from Costco $50 to air back up is handy.

I have clevis stinger in my rear!....................

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Anza Borrego Newbie Run: October 25th