Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Stupid ass Chapman Jeep has messed my Jeep up.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid ass Chapman Jeep has messed my Jeep up.

As many of you know I recently went to the Rubicon and up north for a little R&R.

While I was up there I THOUGHT my lockers broke.

After a few weeks I took it to Chapman Jeep in Las Vegas for some O&I.

I had no lockers, a bent rear axle and a non operative A/C.

They had my Jeep 6 days and the return report was:

I have installed ARB lockers and bent my axle due to misuse. I could agree with the misuse part but I DO NOT HAVE ARB LOCKERS They wanted 11k to fix my Jeep

So on Monday I went and removed my Jeep from The dealership. Took it over to Adams Drive Shaft and had them O&I. Well today is Thursday and here is my current report.

They found no damage at all front or rear diffs or lockers. No mechanical or physical damage. Everything was as its suppose to be. They said my running gear will last another 50-60k. Iam just having electrical issues with signals to the magnetic lockers.

Ok so I pick my Jeep up from James today and drive it to Randy's to hang and work on Jeeps. On the way there my Jeep started to get the HOT OIL LIGHT. What the fuck??? I look at my bill and they did the recall on my Jeep. So now I get a constant light and DING DING!!

To beat all my damn A/C is still not working and the stupid people at the dealership have no clue what they are doing.

They think I have ARB lockers. They never took apart my Jeep to inspect the diffs or lockers and they didn't fix my damn A/C. And they caused a new problem by installing that stupid idiot light. and charged me 120 bucks for 4 quarts of gear oil. I called the service managers voice mail and left a message as well as a guy we know from VV4W and no return phone calls. The worst part is I have to take back the fucking dummy's. I called a new dealership tonight at 6 will call them back in the morning.

My next step is to contact Chrysler LLP and tell them my issues with Chapman dealership who is to damn lazy to do proper inspections and call out people and the mods without even a thorough look.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I'm sorry to hear that roger (take out that "resistor" if it hasn't gotten back yet).

Sounds like crap with the lockers, start asking for the chrysler regional manager of their dealerships contact information..
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
...On the way there my Jeep started to get the HOT OIL LIGHT. What the fuck??? I look at my bill and they did the recall on my Jeep. So now I get a constant light and DING DING!!

To beat all my damn A/C is still not working and the stupid people at the dealership have no clue what they are doing...
Is it possible that your radiator is clogged or otherwise messed up causing issues with your A/C and also causing your transmission to overheat?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by joe002
Is it possible that your radiator is clogged or otherwise messed up causing issues with your A/C and also causing your transmission to overheat?
Yes it could be..... but they need to figure it out. I had cleaned it just 3 weeks ago. So I know its clear.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi

Latest update:

Ok after a long phone call today and the service manager at Chapman talking to his tech. They determined that he never actually took my Jeep apart. They now agree on the repair and will correct the A/C issue and the HOT OIL LIGHT.

I also asked for a refund on money spent to prove them wrong.

I will post up more as it develops.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

who charged you for the oil? dealer or james?
Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

so is this dealership fraud or what. people go to jail for this. I hate dealerships. Go to a mechanic you trust. Warranties are not worth the paper it is printed on.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid ass Chapman Jeep has messed my Jeep up.

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Latest update:

Ok after a long phone call today and the service manager at Chapman talking to his tech. They determined that he never actually took my Jeep apart. They now agree on the repair and will correct the A/C issue and the HOT OIL LIGHT.

I also asked for a refund on money spent to prove them wrong.

I will post up more as it develops.
Sounds like the ball is in your court. If they wrongfully charged you for work that wasn't perform, that we all know is fraud!!! I say you get two lockers and a axle or say lawyer and talking to the local news lol
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by lvdoug
who charged you for the oil? dealer or james?
dealership 120 for 4 quarts
Old 09-03-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Sounds like the ball is in your court. If they wrongfully charged you for work that wasn't perform, that we all know is fraud!!! I say you get two lockers and a axle or say lawyer and talking to the local news lol
Iam going for this myself. I already have news 13 number

Quick Reply: Stupid ass Chapman Jeep has messed my Jeep up.