Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

new vegas owner

Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guys require each rig to have. Remember I just got the JKU so I might not have everything just yet. This weekend I am getting plates, next is Christmas and the one after that I want to go hunting.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xodius
What do you guys require each rig to have. Remember I just got the JKU so I might not have everything just yet. This weekend I am getting plates, next is Christmas and the one after that I want to go hunting.
I have ZERO experience but my friend & neighboor has been a jeep guy all his life and is an expert trailer.. he says the typical mall crawler with 35's can do most of the trails here in LV... im honestly not lookin at doing anything crazy but I am very excited about doing some of the easier trails around here.

I see lifted JK's here in Vegas everyday!

Just wish the Jeep was here so I can install the lift kit!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Jedi

For the most part bring yourself, your jeep and be prepared to have fun. We will work with you and get you threw things. As you get into the sport it will become clear what you need and how to build your rig. Everyone of us started at one point or another I use to borrow stuff like air and deflators , straps all the time. Now I loan mine out to the new guys
Old 12-16-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I remember the first time out... I felt so unprepared. Roger was awesome in telling me what I should pick up for the future. It's been about 2 months and I have most of what he suggested. However the list of upgrades will never end.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Next time wifey and I come out, any chance I might be able to ride shotgun with one of you guys? I rented a JKU last time we were at Caesars from Hertz (they subbed it out to Beverly Hills Rent a Car) but I got nervous about actually going offroad with it since there were so many restrictions on the rental. Would love to check out the trails in the vicinity.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
Next time wifey and I come out, any chance I might be able to ride shotgun with one of you guys? I rented a JKU last time we were at Caesars from Hertz (they subbed it out to Beverly Hills Rent a Car) but I got nervous about actually going offroad with it since there were so many restrictions on the rental. Would love to check out the trails in the vicinity.
Aanytime just let me know
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Vegas_JK
I remember the first time out... I felt so unprepared. Roger was awesome in telling me what I should pick up for the future. It's been about 2 months and I have most of what he suggested. However the list of upgrades will never end.
Thanks your jeep has come a long way as well. I might be free for this sat run, my work has shut me down on hours. I have to many and they said I need a few days off.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
Aanytime just let me know
Thanks. I assume you're Roger. Look forward to getting back and meeting your crew.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91

Thanks. I assume you're Roger. Look forward to getting back and meeting your crew.
Yes that's me. My number is in my signature
Old 12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Sooooo...can we do sunday?

Quick Reply: new vegas owner