Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P0202 after "bad" gas

Old Today | 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default P0202 after "bad" gas

This happened last night. I stopped at 7-11 to get gas and I had und 1/4 tank. The pump was running extremely slow and I only got 2.5 gallons after 5 minutes, then the pump actually ended the transaction and said "replace handle." I gave up and left not 50 feet after driving my CEL came on and immediately started running rough. Limped home and had the p0202 code. It won't clear.

Since I still had low fuel I limped to another gas station and tried to dilute it out by filling up. Tried clearing the code again to no avail.

I've called 7-11 and actually have an insurance claim in process. I have dash cam video that shows I was running just fine and didn't get the code until after the pump.

But now I don't know what to do. Could bad gas have caused a fault and now there is a mechanical issue? I don't even know if that's possible. But it's too much of a coincidence.

Not sure where to start with testing.

Thanks for help or direction.

Quick Reply: P0202 after "bad" gas