Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Genuine Mopar Fuel Pump? \ Loss HP Fuel at Rails

Old Today | 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Genuine Mopar Fuel Pump? \ Loss HP Fuel at Rails

Hello All...

I was hoping someone could shed light on how you can tell if you have a genuine Mopar pump in your tank? I recently had to replace the seal around the lock ring because I was leaking gas at the ring and stinking up the garage. When I removed the pump I looked it over closely but I could not find any markings on it at all. Does that mean it's an aftermarket pump?

I ask because this was recently replaced a few years ago by another shop and I was told they used a genuine pump but now I am questioning it. It started stinking the garage when another shop went to inspect it a month ago, for a fuel rail pressure issue at the engine in my LT swap, and never cleaned the debris around the lock ring which caused the rubber seal to fail. They claimed it was a genuine pump but again without seeing any markings on it when I inspected it myself, how do they even know?... they weren't a Jeep dealer / service shop etc.

Needless to say I still have an intermittent fuel rail pressure issue... which drops to pump pressure. Some people are thinking maybe the pump is not acting right or is losing Prime at moments and then causing the high pressure drop at the rails to tank pump pressure. Hence I'm wondering if the pump is genuine mopar.

​​​​Thanks! J

Quick Reply: Genuine Mopar Fuel Pump? \ Loss HP Fuel at Rails