Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto Transmission Cooler O Rings 2012 JKUR

Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Transmission Cooler O Rings 2012 JKUR

Hi All, I just finished replacing the engine on my 2012 JKUR and at some point along the way, I lost one of the O Rings that goes between the tramsmission lines and cooler in front of the radiator. It's like a metal washer with a rubber gasket on the inside
I went to the stealership and they don't have the washers available separately, just the cooler lines that includes the washers...for $250! Does anyone have a lead on where I could get just washers / O Rings? Looks like the attached Pic but separate washers for each line.
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 408 Likes on 383 Posts

Well, checked my sources and here is the info on the cooler lines = what you seek is made onto the lines:
68003503AA LINE, Oil Cooler Pressure and Return Chrysler
List price is $198 .. work the dealership for a discount, ask what % discount do you sell to IRF (independent repair facility). With the PN you can now search the Net too.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Well, checked my sources and here is the info on the cooler lines = what you seek is made onto the lines:
68003503AA LINE, Oil Cooler Pressure and Return Chrysler
List price is $198 .. work the dealership for a discount, ask what % discount do you sell to IRF (independent repair facility). With the PN you can now search the Net too.
Yeah, not going to spend $200 for a couple of washers. I ended up making some seals out of a rubber hose. Cut them as clean and straight as I could and it worked. Got me home until I can find proper seals.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Almost sounds like replacing the cooler with an aftermarket stacked-plate one would be a better choice. It also looks like Dorman makes the lines - check www.rockauto.com under automatic transmission “fluid cooler line” and see if that is what you need. $82 is a heckuva a lot less expensive.

Quick Reply: Auto Transmission Cooler O Rings 2012 JKUR