Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Connect stereo issue

Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connect stereo issue

Hello Everyone,

2014 JKU Rubicon

I'm sure this has been posted and asked before, but I couldn't find anything. My radio started acting up. Blue screen, black screen, random turning on and off. Then... Nothing. I went to Jeep and to UConnect and they pointed the finger at each other. Both quoted over $1K.

What is the best course of action? Any recommendations or experiences? Is there a fix for factory that old or is a new head unit required?

Thanks in advance and stay weird, stay curious and always adventure.

- Pinball
Old Today, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

probably easier to buy a used factory head unit and pop it in. the issue with that is always getting the code so that the radio is not a brick, but it seems there have been some members that were able to do that easily these days. it used to be extremely difficult to get that code from a service manager at a dealership. if you do buy something, i'd try to make sure I had the vin of the vehicle it came out of. it kinda sounds like the headunit is toast to me.

this person accomplished the swap recently -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...o-swap-361819/

Quick Reply: Connect stereo issue