Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

E-brake cable hookup at wheel

Old Today, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default E-brake cable hookup at wheel

Please help! My e- brake popped on my 2017 JKU Sport S, got stuck, then seemed to work again. I checked underneath and both cables were disconnected from the wheels. The wheel has a small bar with a hole in it. The end of the cable has a rod that's bent in a S curve of a sort. There are 2 drilled and slotted brackets that the cable go through and allow the cable to pull on the small bar with hole that sticks out of the back of the hub. It would pull straight out toward the pumpkin. One of the brackets that hold the cable was bent and both cables pulled out.

My question is how does the cable hook up. I stuck the S curved rod into the hole on the small bar on the hub, and the cable, which has a fitting on the end of the cable sleeve, I snapped into the bracket closest to the pumpkin. The inner cable is just kind of floating through the other bracket closer to the hub. I tried attaching the cable sleeve to the bracket closer to the hub, but then the cable won't go through the other bracket. Can someone look and see what a 2017 jku sport s has for cable hookup to the wheel and brackets? I searched but couldn't find a picture that shows it. Sorry for the long post.

Update: I found a video showing what I need. Looks like I'm missing the spring at the end of the cable, and the "hat" that holds the spring into the bracket. Any suggestions on where i may get just these parts? I'm searching and will update if i find it. Thanks!
Final Updat?: looks like I have to buy the whole cable. $30 each from Extreme Terrain. Quadratec had them for less, but out of stock. Hope they go in easy! Sorry to waste anyones time. Got my MC lift in, and when i get my tires ill post pics.

Last edited by Rexracer; Today at 01:31 PM. Reason: Update, found an answer!

Quick Reply: E-brake cable hookup at wheel