Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Misfires After New Cam

Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfires After New Cam

Hello all,
Fairly stock JKU, Just a doorman after market oil cooler. Wife drives the 2015 JKU as her daily driver. I noticed loud ticking.
It was the driver side rocker. It was bad. Needed a new cam shaft. replaced all the rockers ans lifters. Inserted new cam. Timing marks all lined up.

Engine started fine.
I hear a few loud Pings.
Any idea?
Also, code shows
P0300
Confirmed
Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0203
Confirmed
Fuel Injector 3 Circuit Open
P0205
Confirmed
Fuel Injector 5 Circuit Open

The injectors are fairly new. I am loathing removing the intakes again. I tried clearing codes but they stayed and engine light is blinking. Feels like it is running rough.

So
Any idea what the Pings were? Cam settling?
Any shortcuts to injector testing? I mean if I'm going to rip off the top then I'm probably just gonna replace all the injectors if not too expensive. But, what about the wiring harness leadin gto them? I feel like those plastic clips just suck. Anyway to replace just those?
Thanks.
Pics for fun.

Attached Files
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 405 Likes on 380 Posts

You know, a while back-maybe a year, there was a post on one of the forums I read about the 0300 .mucho work and parts replaced. ultimately the OP found a wiring issue / connector on the injectors wiring harness. I would post it if I could find it.
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copy. I really am leaning towards loose wiring. But those clips are soooo bad and they are all connected. I don't want to rewire the whole damn harness for bad clips.

Quick Reply: Misfires After New Cam