Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Using auxiliary switches for factory diff locks, sway bar, fog lights, etc.

Old 09-15-2024, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using auxiliary switches for factory diff locks, sway bar, fog lights, etc.

Very new here, so point me to the correct thread if this has already been covered. I bought a 2016 JKU a couple of months ago. The previous owner had an SPOD system with 6 overhead switches installed. He removed all of his lights and accessories, so there is currently nothing wired into the system. How difficult would it be to use that SPOD system to control my front and rear diff locks and sway bar disconnect? The factory switches in the Rubicon are less than ideal. Also, would it be hard to use one of the switches for the fog lights? Thanks in advance, and again sorry for the newbie question.
Old 09-15-2024, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 405 Likes on 380 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. Get with the SPOD mfg for the amp specs on each switch. What type/brand of fog lights; LEDs do not draw much amperage.
Old 09-15-2024, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

It would be super easy to run the lockers directly wired to the spod and bypassing all the factory BS. the sway bar might be a little harder due to that entire wiring harness and all the safety bs built into the system. there may be threads on that somewhere. I'm sure someone has done it in the last 17 years, but it's been a long time since I've seen anything like that come up.

Quick Reply: Using auxiliary switches for factory diff locks, sway bar, fog lights, etc.