Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Bumper swap fog light different

Old 09-06-2024, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper swap fog light different

I'll try to explain this right......My wife drives a 2017 JKU Sport. She clipped a pole and bent and cracked the front bumper. I took the bumper off, unplugged the bulbs from the fog lights and found a bumper locally that I mounted on her Wrangler. Mounted no problem and looks great. The bumper was off a 2008 JK and the fog lights have a different twist in connection than the original. Does anyone know if there is a foglight connecter I can use without cutting and splicing? Looks like there's a clip that'll take off the plastic connectors. Maybe there's a connector that can just be snapped in to match the older bumper? Not sure what to do or my options.
Old 09-07-2024, 05:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Why not just remove the fog lights from the original bumper and pop them in the replacement rather than using the fogs in the replacement? if they were damaged for some reason, going to be easier to pick up some replacement fog lights than fiddling with those from '08.
Old 09-07-2024, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Why not just remove the fog lights from the original bumper and pop them in the replacement rather than using the fogs in the replacement? if they were damaged for some reason, going to be easier to pick up some replacement fog lights than fiddling with those from '08.
Yea one side in the bumper was cracked. Ordered a complete set of LED fogs and headlamps. Make my life a little easier.

Quick Reply: Bumper swap fog light different