Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 JKU ABS/CAN Issues

Old 07-31-2024, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2012 JKU ABS/CAN Issues

Got the dreaded ABS, Traction control lights (as well as brake light) on my JKU. JSCAN points to the ABS control module with U0121 errors for the TIPM, TCM and U1110 and U1120 for the PCM. Can't access the ABS module thru JSCAN. Tried all the usual things including cleaning the ABS and TIPM (C1) connectors. Had the module rebuilt at Module Masters. Tried a salvage ABS control module. Nothing has worked.

Additionally I have verified power, grounds and CAN continuity at the ABS connector. All fuses are good.

Now I'm beginning to suspect a bad connector with CAN wires that is taking the BUS down.

Anybody have any idea what the connectors are that are behind the front passenger fender well on the firewall? These appear to have CAN HI and CAN LO wires in them and may have some corrosion.

I have a digital (PDF) version of the service manual but it doesn't do a great job of describing where the various connectors are located.

I'm also trying to identify where C204 and C205 are located.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU ABS/CAN Issues