Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rebuilding or Purchasing an Aftermarket Performance Engine Block

Old 07-14-2024, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding or Purchasing an Aftermarket Performance Engine Block

Can someone provide guidance and assistance in determining whether I should rebuild my existing engine block or purchase an aftermarket performance engine block for my 2015 Jeep JK 3.6?

Is it feasible to upgrade the engine block of a 2015 Jeep JK 3.6? If so, does anyone have recommendations on where to purchase a suitable upgraded engine block?
Old 07-14-2024, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

the ls swap idea sounds cool, but i'm a bit worried about the complexity. How difficult is it compared to just rebuilding the 3.8L?
Old 07-14-2024, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I’m not sure how complicated it is. That’s I’m asking. Can I fit a 3.8? I’m not sure if it’s just plug-in play.
Old 08-01-2024, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

I’m just starting to research the same thing. I have a 2013 JKU that except the engine problems it is in good shape. I just got to where I could start adding modifications, and Honey will not part with it. We have had it since it was new and always have had oil consumption issues, O2 sensor problems causing a check engine light. I’ve replaced the computer twice and now the DTC code is related to the variable pressure oil pump.

I can’t swap to anything but the 3.6 due to emission laws.

Looking for something better than stock I don’t need a monster motor.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding or Purchasing an Aftermarket Performance Engine Block