Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone come to JK's from owning JL's?

Old 07-14-2024, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone come to JK's from owning JL's?

Just curious how many here have had a JL and prefer the JK over it? We have had them all pretty much over the years 2 YJ's, a CJ5 Renegade, CJ7 Laredo and then 2 JL's and a TJ at the same time. All Rubicon's JLUR and a JLR and a standard TJ Rubicon. We sold the TJ (and I still regret that at times) and after nearly 2 years of the JL's we sold them and bought 2 JK;s both Rubicon's. I far and away prefer the JK over the JL.

Things that annoyed me with the JL were all the stupid nanny shit it had like the adaptive cruise, lane departure warning etc. I hated the leather seats. When backing into the garage if I opened the door to make sure I was lined up straight as I'm slightly OCD lol, it would throw itself into park.WTF? The stupid fad system on the front axle and the auto start stop and the 2nd smaller battery added because of that system.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 395 Likes on 370 Posts

Will be interesting to see if someone else has gone the way you did.. BTW.. I too despise the "nanny crap" which is why I also bought a 2000 XJ w/235,000 miles last year..
The following users liked this post:
CHADT (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love XJ's also.

I will add also that the reason for selling the JL's was us needing to get more fuel efficient vehicles for our daily commuting for work with the miles we are driving., not just out of complete dissatisfaction with the JL's even though they were aggravating. Once we were in a position to replace the Jeeps this time as play vehicles and not daily drivers, we went with the JK's.

After owning them a short while I was much happier with the simplicity they provided and would not consider going back to the new ones.

Quick Reply: Anyone come to JK's from owning JL's?