Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

1st at 50

Old 07-01-2024, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st at 50

Hey folks, got my first Wrangler this year at 50, it's an 08' Rubicon Unlimited with NSG 370 trans, stock running gears and suspension. I'm wanting to piece together a lift kit and have made a lift that I feel is going to suit my needs as a daily driver / moderate weekend trail rig. So far I've got a plan for 2.5" springs with lengthened shocks, brake line relocation brackets, adjustable sway bar end links, and rear track bar relocation bracket. I'm going to be running Kenda Klever RT 35x10.50's and 1.5" spacers, any other must haves or is this good for a basic setup? Are lengthened bump stops a major concern for 2.5" lifts? It does have high clearance fenders and flat metal inner fender liners. Thanks for any advice!

Old 07-01-2024, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

You know how the 3 rules of real estate are location, location, location? the similar rule to lifting jeeps is caster correction, caster correction, caster correction. for you, probably control arm brackets will make the most sense. bumpstops are a concern depending on the type of wheeling you do. on pavement or fire roads not much of a concern at all. you don't want the shock to be the limiting factor on uptravel, nor do you want to put your tire into the body or pinch seam. it's going to be different for everyone based on lift and shock travel.
The following users liked this post:
icarusisaacs (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
You know how the 3 rules of real estate are location, location, location? the similar rule to lifting jeeps is caster correction, caster correction, caster correction. for you, probably control arm brackets will make the most sense. bumpstops are a concern depending on the type of wheeling you do. on pavement or fire roads not much of a concern at all. you don't want the shock to be the limiting factor on uptravel, nor do you want to put your tire into the body or pinch seam. it's going to be different for everyone based on lift and shock travel.
Thanks for the response, both are added to the list.

Quick Reply: 1st at 50