Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2016 Rubicon Wheel bearing hub assy

Old 05-17-2022, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 Rubicon Wheel bearing hub assy

Well after searching it looks like they all are made in the same place(Iljin) which is a shame. I would pay more if I knew it was the strongest best made. People say some brands do have a better quality so I will stick with Timken or Dana Spicer. When I look up the part number I don't find them to be Rubicon specific? Are the Dana 30's 32 spline as well? Summit list's Dana Spicer 10021363 for $89 and says it fits 116 Jeep Wranglers from 2011 to 2018 and some say Rubicon or Dana Ultimate 44 and standard JK. So the ABS plug length should fit a 2016. Anyone have preference for other than the Dana Spicer bearings?
Old 05-17-2022, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Unit hubs I believe are all the same for JK models. Don't get hung up on the Chinese vs Timken thing as you might get disappointed to learn that some Timken are Chinese made some US made. Buy the bearing and go wheeling after all you created work for the longshoreman, the trucker, the warehouser, the customs guy, etc, etc.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

these sealed unit bearings don't cost much and are not hard to replace to worry about brand or place of manufacture in my opinion. They last a long time. I'd be more concerned about the length of the ABS sensor cuz there are some out there that are shorter than others. The outer splines are the same at the stub ends across models.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

I, too, am disappointed that all the hubs have ball bearings running on non-replaceable races, and are not US made.

However, my front hubs have 237,000 miles on them. No problems, yet. I don't rock-crawl, but I commute on some pretty bad roads, here in Maine.
I can't argue with success.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Well then I will give the Dana Spicer a shot. The most exciting thing about the Hubs is they will be bolted to Reid Knuckles bolted to Currie Rock Jock 60's front and rear!
Old 05-20-2022, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Well as expected the Dana Spicer brand came in made in China also. I had a glimmer of hope when the specs said made in USA. But $90 makes it feel better. If I had got the $185 one thinking it was better and came in from the same plant in China I would be a little hot. Took the advice and feel good about it.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

"I'd be more concerned about the length of the ABS sensor cuz there are some out there that are shorter than others." Resharp - my new Chinese made hubs had the short sensors and I took the original long sensors out. Thinking the short ones were incompatible I tried to put the longs in the new hubs but they would not physically fit in there. So I said to hell with it and skinned my hands unplugging the sensors and installed the short ones. Not an issue with them since then.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Iljin has technical centers and manufacturing locations in Korea, China, India, Australia, Slovakia and the United States. The company is based in Seoul, Korea.

I guess we can't know for sure where an individual hub was made.
Old 05-21-2022, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

I did see a MOOG hub that had Ilhin Korea stamped on it. It was $181. Like someone said that they are easy to replace and cheap enough that the $90 will do the job.

Quick Reply: 2016 Rubicon Wheel bearing hub assy