Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy Adjustable Ball Joints

Old 04-02-2022, 05:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Synergy Adjustable Ball Joints

Noticed that these can be found for around the $300 price of the Teraflex joints, but am not finding much info out there. Just wanted to see if anyone has first-hand experience, or even some links to forum posts that I missed?

Adjustable
Rebuildable on-vehicle without removing
Limited lifetime warranty

A youtube video from Exodus Jeeps is about the best I have found so far. They say it's not 'sponsored', but kinda has that feel.
youtube.com/watch?v=kL6CVDPbKUo

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-02-2022 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

Not sure if this is relevant enough for you but I used rebuildable, greasable Synergy BJs on my 2007 RAM 3500. Had them on there for about 4 years then I sold the truck. No issues. You only require adjustables if the Jeep alignment is way off.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I have Rare Parts on mine but if they ever go bad and I haven't gone to a set of Fusion 60's by then, I am going to start looking into these -> https://americanironoffroad.com/coll...na-44-full-kit

Old 04-04-2022, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,687 Posts

I haven't seen anyone talking about those synergy BJs round here (I don't go surfing the other sites out there). I have no clue if it applies to those, but after the whole DT "rebuidable" BS I went through I'd suggest that is nice marketing (similar to Synergy's "adjustable while installed" double-barrel system that is nice when a component is brand spanking new, and not so much later down the road). I'd rather press out old BJs and press new ones in than jack around with rebuilding while installed. That said, when I sold my old rubi axles i swapped in a front axle that had the same damn DT BJs and that came with a rebuild kit.....so guess who might get to do that again at some point in the future. I'm thrilled at the prospect.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is my 2 cents worth on "Adjustable Ball Joints" I live in the rust belt. I have Teraflex ball joints on both Jeeps. Both are daily driven and both needed adjustment after about 3 years. Teraflex's tool is useless at best. I bought a spanner wrench that would not budge the collar either and ended up rounding the nut off. Even with the knuckle removed a deep well socket and a 2 foot breaker bar the nut would not budge on any of them and the only way to break the adjuster nut loose was an air hammer and a chisel bit which destroyed the adjuster nut. Teraflex does not sell replacement parts for their product so to complete the repair i had to replace both lowers which ended up being a complete ball joint replacement. The Dynatrac design looks to be even worse as it used a slot that fits a screw driver not a nut. good luck getting these to turn if they have any corrosion. Synergy just by looking at the design might work if you can get the rusty collar off as their rebuild kit comes with everything other than the body of the joint. As long as you don't damage the body removing the preload collar these should be rebuildable.

Quick Reply: Synergy Adjustable Ball Joints