Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coilover options for one tons

Old 06-26-2017, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover options for one tons

Well it's been about 2 years since i started this journey xD Now with my engine, axles, and tcase sourced, I'm ready for suspension I've been looking at both Rebel Offroad, and Evo Offroads coilover packages. I'm aware of the debate between bolt on and weld on I'm honestly open for either, I just feel there is obviously some money to be saved in sourcing the parts myself (ie shock tower mounts long arms etc). Any one ton JKs out there with their own hodgepodge suspension setup? Or should i play it safe with a kit? I'll be using 05 D60 Front with Artec truss and highsteer, as well as 14 bolt rear most likely
Old 06-27-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Many other options for you that IMO are better than either of those...

You can use aftermarket brackets and your fitment choices will be open.
Kings, Fox, SAW's, Icons, Rock Crawlers so many C/O to pick from.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You can generally save quite a bit and get a better set up by doing your own, of course it will take some time to find the brackets you need and get the shocks. Filthymotorsports.com or TRD can set you up with the coil overs and valving to your jeeps specs and what you want to do with it. I run a 3" triple bypass with 2.5" coil overs with 18" of travel tuned by King. I generally buy brackets from Ballistic or Ruff stuff but do use Barnes 4x4, Genright, Synergy, and Chassis Unlimited sometimes if they have the bracket I need. If you don't want to take the time to optimize your set up you can buy one of the generic set ups from EVO or Rebel and settle for what they offer.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ferdis7
Well it's been about 2 years since i started this journey xD Now with my engine, axles, and tcase sourced, I'm ready for suspension I've been looking at both Rebel Offroad, and Evo Offroads coilover packages. I'm aware of the debate between bolt on and weld on I'm honestly open for either, I just feel there is obviously some money to be saved in sourcing the parts myself (ie shock tower mounts long arms etc). Any one ton JKs out there with their own hodgepodge suspension setup? Or should i play it safe with a kit? I'll be using 05 D60 Front with Artec truss and highsteer, as well as 14 bolt rear most likely
Been 5yrs.... And no updates?!

What'd you do? What'd you go with? ... I'm stepping into this soon, and want more info.
The following users liked this post:
3rd Will (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Johnnyairtime
Been 5yrs.... And no updates?!

What'd you do? What'd you go with? ... I'm stepping into this soon, and want more info.
I agree. I'm jumping down this rabbit hole too
Old 07-30-2024, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ferdis7
Can you give us an update?

Quick Reply: Coilover options for one tons