Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???

Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't DO anything but was just looking under the Jeep to check on things and saw the extended brake lines I installed about a month ago had rubbed the tires! The protective plastic over the braided stainless steel line is worn through in a couple of spots. I think I am cursed.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

So my Cobra CB crapped out on the Sunday we were at Slickrock. JKzinger helped me figure out it was just the speaker that went out. This is the popular model with most of the electronics and the speaker in the hand microphone.

Anyhow I ordered a Uniden 20 and installed it. I don't use the screw caps to hold in my roof so I routed the wire through this area and also used a bolt to hold the speaker bracket. The wire is in the roll bar a pillar all the way to under the glove box.

It looks stock. I drive with it flat so I don't have a blind spot but I can angle it towards me in less than 10 seconds of I want to. In both cases it is plenty loud.

I also put a new antenna and antenna mount on as my wife drove into a mall garage and ripped off my old setup.

Took the freedom panels and front doors off.

I need to rotate my tires in the next 500 so that is probably this week. I need to have a retorque party where we go and re torque all suspension bolts. Just for maintenance. Sliders etc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3086189556.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	327860   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2341938872.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	327861   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-441930511.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	327862  
Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robsmst
So my Cobra CB crapped out on the Sunday we were at Slickrock. JKzinger helped me figure out it was just the speaker that went out. This is the popular model with most of the electronics and the speaker in the hand microphone.

Anyhow I ordered a Uniden 20 and installed it. I don't use the screw caps to hold in my roof so I routed the wire through this area and also used a bolt to hold the speaker bracket. The wire is in the roll bar a pillar all the way to under the glove box.

It looks stock. I drive with it flat so I don't have a blind spot but I can angle it towards me in less than 10 seconds of I want to. In both cases it is plenty loud.

I also put a new antenna and antenna mount on as my wife drove into a mall garage and ripped off my old setup.

I need to rotate my tires in the next 500 so that is probably this week. I need to have a retorque party where we go and re torque all suspension bolts. Just for maintenance. Sliders etc.
Clean! I need to hook up with you and retirn your swr meter... Lets wrench this weekend!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job! Looks good!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Hey Rob,is that a hot head liner for the top?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by RHD-Manx2
Clean! I need to hook up with you and retirn your swr meter... Lets wrench this weekend!
X2,this would the only time for me to service our jeep
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
Hey Rob,is that a hot head liner for the top?
Spiderwebshade. Attaches to rollbars with bunjees. Fits while hardtop is on. Helps a ton when in direct sun with top off.

I got the one that covers passenger area. Not the super tough one as I the one I got cost less and lets in a bit more light. Holds up to tree branches etc. no issues. Love it. Was something like $75 with overnight shipping. I think if you type in JINGLE they give you free shipping.

They are super nice. I called and told them exactly what I needed. Left a message. This was on a holiday weekend. They called me back understood my needs and helped me decide on what to get and shipped on a Saturday.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
X2,this would the only time for me to service our jeep
what are you guys thinking? Sunday is Father's day so is this a Saturday thing?

Not sure I can free up either day. But you never know.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you guys thinking? Sunday is Father's day so is this a Saturday thing?

Not sure I can free up either day. But you never know.
Saturday sounds good. I am on call so cant host cause I may need to boogie if needed.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have our annual company golf (drinking) tournament Saturday. I am 3/4 of the way through installing my new Dynatrac ball joints and also installed a OEM rear driveshaft I bought from a forum member as mine had torn the boot on a rock.

Quick Reply: Nor Cal What was done to your JK this week ???