Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to Jk-forum

Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Jk-forum

Hello members of JK-Forum I Have picked up a 2010 2 door JK sport that is very stock. Since I purchased my JK I have picked up better wheels and tires,getting rid of the stock 229/75R16 and going to 265/70R18. I have also added a few light guards from Rugged Ridge. I look forward to adding some armor and a lift as soon as possible. Any impute is welcome when it comes to mods, I am hoping to do some good practical mods with out breaking the bank.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome and as far as lifts go check out rough country they have awesome lifts at a great price I know I love mine
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thank you I will look into it. I have a little time before I get my lift so I will be doing alot of research.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 AM
JK Newbie

Hello buddy.. welcome to the forum. Good decision that you join in this forum there are lots of things that you can learn here. It is also a good idea of you can post some pictures of your 2010 2 door JK.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool i plan on getting some good pics this weekend when I go out to Tahuya to get a little mud on her. I am sure I know the answer but wont hurt to ask. I found a set of 2008 Rubicon rock rails at a good price was thinking of picking them up, I should have no prob putting them on my 2010? any input as to if and why they would not just bolt on.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with doschmafia check out rough country if you not looking to spend alot on a lift right away. Im running their 3.5 inch series 2 and been offroading twice( had it for a month) no probs no creaks flexes well and for 500 i couldnt pass it up
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Anyone have info on ESP/BAS light

So I had my ESP/BAS light kick on this morning while on the freeway. When I had the chance to pull off and look into it,I was able to get it to turn off after re-starting my jeep a few times. Has this happened to anyone else and should I be concerned? I am as soon as possible going to get a programer that will allow me to disable the ESP all together.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by G3N3RAL
So I had my ESP/BAS light kick on this morning while on the freeway. When I had the chance to pull off and look into it,I was able to get it to turn off after re-starting my jeep a few times. Has this happened to anyone else and should I be concerned? I am as soon as possible going to get a programer that will allow me to disable the ESP all together.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't need one. I thought I read in a thread somewhere in here you can do a certain turning of the wheel here and there, key off key on something or other, turn wheel here and there again and it disables it permanently until you do the whole thing over again to turn it back on.

I don't know the exact details, but I believe I read it when I was researching into what it was exactly. Maybe some quick searching will find you the same thing I'm referring to.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
If I'm not mistaken, you don't need one. I thought I read in a thread somewhere in here you can do a certain turning of the wheel here and there, key off key on something or other, turn wheel here and there again and it disables it permanently until you do the whole thing over again to turn it back on.

I don't know the exact details, but I believe I read it when I was researching into what it was exactly. Maybe some quick searching will find you the same thing I'm referring to.
Thanks i will try to find out. I have read in the past just from looking up other things and coming across a similar topic,that you needed somthing like super chip or some thing like that. It would be awsome if i did not need to thanks D3ADLY.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard the Jk-Forum

Quick Reply: New to Jk-forum